The Student Room Group

When will I finally find a boyfriend!?!?!?

I went to a club recently and no guys came to dance with me. It was a party and at a club and I saw random guys going to dance with other girls but none came to me! They all look at me weirdly and ignore me!!! I hate guys. I really want to punch them all. They always ignore me! Even when I go up to one and am friendly they never bother to continue the conversation. They just smile and answer my question and never ask me anything. They just don't want to talk to me!! And they talk to other girls who are uglier than me. I am not going to apologise for saying that because I have a right to express my opinion and I am rather good looking and there are much uglier girls than me who have had 100s of boyfriends and are not even as smart as I am. I am doing my PhD currently! I just finished my BSc
So why is this happening to me!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? I am soo angry right now?! I was left humiliated yesterday when I was dancing all alone. I had fun but no one bothered about me. I felt so stupid. I just have grown to start hating guys. I mean how can they just ignore me? I do not ignore them! And how can they choose EVERY other girl over me. I mean at least one guy should prefer me right? NONE do!!! I can already predict the comments on this thread: Your personality is horrible, no wonder guys don't like you.
LOL my personality is great but right now I am in a very angry mood and venting so obviously it will seem like that. Just believe me when I say I am smart and intelligent. I was even told a few times to be a stand up comedian haha. And I am quite decent looking to attractive depending on your taste. I dress well too. So what is the problem??? I don't believe everyone has a soul mate but I DO believe everyone can find at least 1 person to date. I mean is that so much to ask!?!? Wtf is going on? I think someone cursed me. I feel like I need to do black magic to get a guy now.

Scroll to see replies

Hi, you must be the one who posted earlier on TSR about having anxiety. If this is a problem that you want to overcome, you need the courage.

btw, you've shown courage before. In choosing to move further with your studies and do a PhD, you're not afraid of other people's judgment of your academic progress and want to show that you can research an area totally of your own interest and (hopefully) come up with a scientific breakthrough that you may be remembered for in the future.
(edited 9 years ago)
what is your dress size?

remember, looks are what draws them in whilst personality is what keeps them there.

post a pic and maybe we can help?
Original post by hukdealz
what is your dress size?

remember, looks are what draws them in whilst personality is what keeps them there.

hahahah I don't know why this made me laugh.
Original post by hukdealz
what is your dress size?

I am very slim and tall but not too tall. I am 5'7
And I am not posting a pic. I was the person who started a tsr meetup and didn't show up because I felt shy atm. I know looks draws them in and personality keeps them there. I have both. So I don't know what to do still
Original post by Project Tsukyomi
hahahah I don't know why this made me laugh.

Why are you laughing...
Original post by shawn_o1
Hi, you must be the one who posted earlier on TSR about having anxiety. If this is a problem that you want to overcome, you need the courage.

btw, you've shown courage before. In choosing to move further with your studies and do a PhD, you're not afraid of other people's judgment of your academic progress and want to show that you can research an area totally of your own interest and (hopefully) come up with a scientific breakthrough that you may be remembered for in the future.

Hi no that wasn't me sorry..and I do have courage..
I don't have any problems..so I just don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *rips hair out*
hmm two reasons:
1. you either "too" much of a shy person-I never approach shy girls I just find them dead boring to talk to.
2.your either so attractive guys think you've already got a boyfriend.
Reply 8
It is not you, it is the guys. I would therefore say there is nothing you can do but wait.
Original post by Project Tsukyomi
hmm two reasons:
1. you either "too" much of a shy person-I never approach shy girls I just find them dead boring to talk to.
2.your either so attractive guys think you've already got a boyfriend.

Hi, no I am not really a shy person. I am not loud or extremely talkative but I am friendly and relaxed. I talk often.
Original post by KH94
It is not you, it is the guys. I would therefore say there is nothing you can do but wait.

Omg how long!? This is getting pathetic.
Probably because you're not as attractive as you think you are and think too highly of yourself.
If you just want to get to know others, maybe being at a club is not for you. Go to lots of seminars, those are most definitely useful for your PhD work (and you might find yourself researching with a guy you're interested in)
You're clearly smart if you're a PHD student. And your feisty, I like that in a woman. :tongue: I'd have asked you out. But just a few things...

The first point I'd raise is, you're a PHD student still going to night clubs to look for a relationship? Thought that was something only 1st and 2nd year undergraduates did?

There's one other thing. Your attitude from the above posts smacks of 'entitlement'. It's as if you feel every time you go out you are entitled to get males hitting on you. You can see why some people dislike modern feminism can't you? It might be that males see you more as say one night stand material because of the attitude, rather than girlfriend material, which requires a nice wholesome attitude.
Original post by Eboracum

There's one other thing. Your attitude from the above posts smacks of 'entitlement'. It's as if you feel every time you go out you are entitled to get males hitting on you. You can see why some people dislike modern feminism can't you? It might be that males see you more as say one night stand material because of the attitude, rather than girlfriend material, which requires a nice wholesome attitude.

I kinda sniffed that from OP but couldn't put it in words, thanks mate
Original post by sparklenshine
I went to a club recently and no guys came to dance with me. It was a party and at a club and I saw random guys going to dance with other girls but none came to me! They all look at me weirdly and ignore me!!! I hate guys. I really want to punch them all. They always ignore me! Even when I go up to one and am friendly they never bother to continue the conversation. They just smile and answer my question and never ask me anything. They just don't want to talk to me!! And they talk to other girls who are uglier than me. I am not going to apologise for saying that because I have a right to express my opinion and I am rather good looking and there are much uglier girls than me who have had 100s of boyfriends and are not even as smart as I am. I am doing my PhD currently! I just finished my BSc
So why is this happening to me!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? I am soo angry right now?! I was left humiliated yesterday when I was dancing all alone. I had fun but no one bothered about me. I felt so stupid. I just have grown to start hating guys. I mean how can they just ignore me? I do not ignore them! And how can they choose EVERY other girl over me. I mean at least one guy should prefer me right? NONE do!!! I can already predict the comments on this thread: Your personality is horrible, no wonder guys don't like you.
LOL my personality is great but right now I am in a very angry mood and venting so obviously it will seem like that. Just believe me when I say I am smart and intelligent. I was even told a few times to be a stand up comedian haha. And I am quite decent looking to attractive depending on your taste. I dress well too. So what is the problem??? I don't believe everyone has a soul mate but I DO believe everyone can find at least 1 person to date. I mean is that so much to ask!?!? Wtf is going on? I think someone cursed me. I feel like I need to do black magic to get a guy now.

Maybe you just think too much... Try not to worry about that and be yourself! You would be much happier
I have similar experiences as a guy: apparently it's because I 'glare' and I'm 'unapproachable' because I don't smile.
Maybe there is similar going on here..
Perhaps you should ask one of your friends to give an honest opinion, on whether you act different in the presence of guys?
You could be sub-consciously doing something that puts guys off e.g. posture, facial expressions, tone of voice are all noticed.

Then again I'm not the one to lecture as I have chalked up a tally of 0 girlfriends.

It would be good if you could upload a photo so we could see better what needs improvement, if any.

In the meantime I wouldn't mind hearing some suggestions on how to improve my own image.

Be gentle with me :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
Get yourself recognised in workshops/study clubs within your own area of interests, you'll most likely interact well with someone making a good impression. Be sure to stand back a bit, don't talk too much, analyse who you talk to, make sure the guy is right for you.

Don't expect to get into a relationship quickly. This can cause many Problems AND will interfere with your studies! It's important to stay patient. There is loads of time in the world to find someone that suits you. You NEED to plan your life in order to move forward. Including career choices, the person you want may not feel comfortable with what you want to pursue (hence the first line).

Don't hesitate to talk to friends/family, they've most likely endured similar circumstances and will give you good advice, but be sure to make your own decision that benefits yourself.

Hope this helps. :smile:
Original post by LazyBazooka
Probably because you're not as attractive as you think you are and think too highly of yourself.

Ah, I was waiting for this kind of comment. And do you think all the female friends you know are gorgeous? I see more unattractive girls than attractive girls with boyfriends so what exactly do you mean? I am quite good looking as I can see my face in the mirror every day. Even if I was ugly, that is ok because ugly girls get guys to you know.
Original post by Eboracum
You're clearly smart if you're a PHD student. And your feisty, I like that in a woman. :tongue: I'd have asked you out. But just a few things...

The first point I'd raise is, you're a PHD student still going to night clubs to look for a relationship? Thought that was something only 1st and 2nd year undergraduates did?

Yeah I am smart. And no as I said it was an event. I went with a friend to have fun not meet a guy. It wasn't like a normal club. And I don't understand the rest of what you wrote. I don't feel entitled to get males to hit on me. But I do wonder why not even one approaches me EVER (not only at a club). And one night stand material? LOL. If you met me you would know that I can never be seen that way. I look too smart and polished.

Latest

Trending

Trending