The Student Room Group

Should I retake D1?

I'm in year 13 and was wondering if i should retake D1...

This year i'm doing Maths A2 and Further maths AS and A2. Last year I got 88 C1, 100 C2 and 85 D1.
This year i'm doing FP1, FP2, FP3, FP4, C3, C4, M1, S1, S2 and I sort of want to make sure I get at least an A in further maths and I know 85 in D1 is obviously good but I feel like I could get high 90's if I got to retake it as I did mess up the last question. So I want the highest I can in all of the applied modules to increase my chances of getting an A in further, they don't matter for regular maths since i'm aiming for an A* in that anyway and I've already got more than enough UMS to get an A in there.
I wouldn't bother. You have plenty of other modules to focus your attention on.
You got your A in AS Maths so don't pile extra pressure on yourself with that retake. For an A in AS Further Maths you'll need at least 80% average in your '1' modules (so that means FP1, M1, S1), and for A* in the full A Level Maths and Further Maths you need at least 90% average in the A2 modules (in your case, C3, C4, S2 for Maths and FP2/3/4 for Further Maths)
Reply 3
Original post by crayolaguy
I'm in year 13 and was wondering if i should retake D1...

This year i'm doing Maths A2 and Further maths AS and A2. Last year I got 88 C1, 100 C2 and 85 D1.
This year i'm doing FP1, FP2, FP3, FP4, C3, C4, M1, S1, S2 and I sort of want to make sure I get at least an A in further maths and I know 85 in D1 is obviously good but I feel like I could get high 90's if I got to retake it as I did mess up the last question. So I want the highest I can in all of the applied modules to increase my chances of getting an A in further, they don't matter for regular maths since i'm aiming for an A* in that anyway and I've already got more than enough UMS to get an A in there.

Hi,

I'm doing D1 this year - it is an easy module :biggrin:, I guess you can do it because I have a friend who is doing the same modules as you :wink: ! and you seem like you know what your doing so just do it! :h::goodluck:
Reply 4
Original post by shawn_o1
You got your A in AS Maths so don't pile extra pressure on yourself with that retake. For an A in AS Further Maths you'll need at least 80% average in your '1' modules (so that means FP1, M1, S1), and for A* in the full A Level Maths and Further Maths you need at least 90% average in the A2 modules (in your case, C3, C4, S2 for Maths and FP2/3/4 for Further Maths)

true I probably shouldn't pile on extra pressure... but D1 doesn't really provide much pressure at all in my opinion it's easy.

Also FP1, M1, S1 wouldn't be a valid AS further maths for me as that would mean my regular maths would have D1 and S2 as applied module which isn't allowed. basically for further maths i'm doing 4 A2 modules. I'm self teaching A2 further which consists of FP2, FP3, S2 and my school offers FP1, FP4, S1 as AS further which i'm being taught at school.

So my AS further is FP1 + Lowest modules. but the lowest modules couldn't consister of (M1, S1) (S1, D1). Could be (M1, D1) though which is why I'd want the D1 backup just in case I do worse in S1/S2. Also another thing to note is it could include FP4 but not FP3 or FP2.
Reply 5
Original post by MaryamI
Hi,

I'm doing D1 this year - it is an easy module :biggrin:, I guess you can do it because I have a friend who is doing the same modules as you :wink: ! and you seem like you know what your doing so just do it! :h::goodluck:

Alright thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest