The Student Room Group

Physics PGCE (11+) Need Advice Please

Hey everyone!

I recently graduated with a 2.1 in physics and am currently researching physics PGCE courses in London and have a few questions on my mind:

Firstly, does it really matter what university I go to? I have heard that you should just pick one that is closest so you don't have to spend so much time traveling... or perhaps the decision is not so simple. I am interested in IOE, Kings College and Roehampton as my choices. What are your opinions on these unis specifically for physics PGCE? Do you have any experiences with these unis you could share?

Also, I have noticed that these unis offer either a physics PGCE or a physics with math PGCE. I'm not sure what to choose. Will one or the other make me more employable as a teacher in the future. I guess being able to teach math and physics is good but also i think the physics choice means that i will be teaching general science up to GCSE which sounds fun.

Any general remarks about PGCE and advice would also be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
Danny
Original post by danny180291

It doesn't matter where you study. Physics teachers are highly desirable and you will have to beat off potential employers with a stick. Physics with maths would arguably make you even more employable but it would be the difference between having 1000 and 1100 suitors. Make sure you get a scholarship.
I wish I had taken Physics A-Level. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending