The Student Room Group

People tell me i'm beautiful but i'm still insecure?

Im a 19 yr old female and even though i'm always told i'm beautiful (usually when I ask people if they think I am) but I still feel insecure :frown: ive got eyes and even though i can see im not ugly, I always seek validation from others. How can I be truly self confident to the point that I KNOW im beautiful and dont care whether others think I am or not?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BOB2014
Im a 19 yr old female and even though i'm always told i'm beautiful (usually when I ask people if they think I am) but I still feel insecure :frown: ive got eyes and even though i can see im not ugly, I always seek validation from others. How can I be truly self confident to the point that I KNOW im beautiful and dont care whether others think I am or not?

Join the club sista
Why OP?
If you're beautiful, accept it.
How can you have low self confidence?
You'll gain self-confidence over time. You're already luckier than lots of girls by getting told your beautiful so the only one you have to convince now is yourself.
Tbh it's quite normal, I don't think anyone is a 100% happy with themselves. It's ok to feel a little insecure :smile:

Don't give a damn what other people think about you and just do what you do. This will make you look confident even if you aren't. So fake it till you make it sort of thing.
Original post by officiallycool14
Join the club sista

Original post by inachigeek21
Why OP?
If you're beautiful, accept it.
How can you have low self confidence?

Original post by ToLiveInADream
You'll gain self-confidence over time. You're already luckier than lots of girls by getting told your beautiful so the only one you have to convince now is yourself.

Original post by chocolatesauce
Tbh it's quite normal, I don't think anyone is a 100% happy with themselves. It's ok to feel a little insecure :smile:

Don't give a damn what other people think about you and just do what you do. This will make you look confident even if you aren't. So fake it till you make it sort of thing.

Btw girls do u think its weird that I ask people if they think im pretty VERY OFTEN. They probably find me so annoying. I know I shouldn't ask them and BELIEVE that im pretty but them telling me I am makes me feel confident temporarily. How can I stop asking them? I just want people to tell me im pretty WITHOUT me asking them.
Original post by BOB2014
Btw girls do u think its weird that I ask people if they think im pretty VERY OFTEN. They probably find me so annoying. I know I shouldn't ask them and BELIEVE that im pretty but them telling me I am makes me feel confident temporarily. How can I stop asking them? I just want people to tell me im pretty WITHOUT me asking them.

Well then don't you think that starts with you feeling beautiful as soon as you get up or every time you look in the mirror. And NOT needing people to tell you it??.
Original post by officiallycool14
Well then don't you think that starts with you feeling beautiful as soon as you get up or every time you look in the mirror. And NOT needing people to tell you it??.

But i have to constant urge to be told i'm beautiful :frown: its honestly so sad
Original post by BOB2014
But i have to constant urge to be told i'm beautiful :frown: its honestly so sad

Lol them im sorry I have no answers
I get complimented loads, and I literally have to hide my face because I think I look hideous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're just an attention seeker then :L.
Original post by BOB2014
Original post by BOB2014

Just remember you don't need people to tell you you're pretty, you have to first believe yourself that you're beautiful and that's why confidence is so important :smile:
Just remember you don't need people to tell you you're pretty, you have to first believe yourself that you're beautiful and that's why confidence is so important :smile:

And when i believe im beautiful, the compliments will naturally come?
People told me I was ugly and that's how I became insecure :frown:
Original post by BOB2014
And when i believe im beautiful, the compliments will naturally come?

When you're confident you won't care what people think and trust me a confident lady is very attractive and yes the compliments will come :smile:
When you're confident you won't care what people think and trust me a confident lady is very attractive and yes the compliments will come :smile:

You give the best advice. Thanks :smile: x
Original post by BOB2014
You give the best advice. Thanks :smile: x

Take care of yourself x :smile:
I doubt anyone would call you ugly to your face, I assume you are good at reading social cues so you know when they are lying or not. I'd find someone honest.
Reply 18
Everyone's insecure. Just gotta roll with it.
Tbh I like slightly.humble people, can't stand the girls who know they're hot and exploit men with it-you know the kind who get kicks out of leading guys on when they're taken and watching an ugly guy's heart get broken while ****ing a ripped.rich guy in Oxford

But for your own happiness I think it is best to kearn how to recognise your OWN self worth :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest