The Student Room Group

Employment Section UCAS - Mature Students Only?

Are you supposed to fill this in if you've received paid employment?

Or is it only for mature students who've had a couple years of Full time paid employment?
If you've had any paid employment, you should fill it in. However, it's mostly used for the benefit of mature students to fill in gaps, so it's nothing major if you've never had paid employment.
Reply 2
Original post by loperdoper
If you've had any paid employment, you should fill it in. However, it's mostly used for the benefit of mature students to fill in gaps, so it's nothing major if you've never had paid employment.

Alright i've mentioned it in my PS so i guess i should put it in there aswell, was just checking it wasnt mature students only
Reply 3
Original post by jack97
Alright i've mentioned it in my PS so i guess i should put it in there aswell, was just checking it wasnt mature students only

Your personal statement needs to show why you want to study the subject at uni. Because you're limited on space, you can't put full details in. So if you include a job in the employment section it means you can be briefer in your PS. You can say things like "During my job, I have learnt..." rather than "During my part time job as a sales advisor at Fred And George's Wonderful Magic Shop, I have learnt..."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending