The Student Room Group

How do I stop desiring a boyfriend so much and enjoy life?

Ok, I am not completely straight to be honest

I want a bf so much (this has been with me for years) but I can't 'just quit' wanting one and getting on with life...

How do I tone down this desperation and enjoy living life as a single person whilst still keeping an eye out for when the opportunity comes by?

Appreciate all advice!
Original post by Anonymous
Ok, I am not completely straight to be honest

I want a bf so much (this has been with me for years) but I can't 'just quit' wanting one and getting on with life...

How do I tone down this desperation and enjoy living life as a single person whilst still keeping an eye out for when the opportunity comes by?

Appreciate all advice!

Wait, so are you a girl or a boy.
You say you are 'not completely straight'

are you a man wanting a boyfriend?

Or are you a female?
Sometimes it's easier to be truthful to yourself and be more transparent. That way you'll be more likely to attract the kind of person you're looking for :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

You think that you will be able to enjoy life once you have a boyfriend. Reality is... once you get a boyfriend, life will be more complicated than it is right now. Right now you're struggling to enjoy life while having to deal with one person... a person you're supposed to know very well... you! Inviting someone else into your life wont make it easy, wont make it 100 percent joy. It will make it more difficult and more complicated. Sure it will have its joyful moments, but it will also come with its rough times.

Enjoy life as it is right now and you'll eventually end up with what you want. One lesson I learned... stop thinking too much about what you want, the more you stress about it the more difficult it will be for you to get.
Well you have to be honest about why you want a bf. These days a lot of insecure people just want a gf/bf to validate themselves and/or to have as an emotional crutch. Rarely leads to a healthy, functional relationship.

You sound like the type who would become paranoid and clingy.
Ok, I do long distance for 5$ per minute
buy a dildo, ez
lol, some of the suggestions here can't be taken seriously
Reply 9
Original post by shawn_o1
lol, some of the suggestions here can't be taken seriously

The 5$ per minute sounded good to me xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending