The Student Room Group

Guys, would you be put off if your crush/gf got braces?!!?

I'm having my braces put on next week and I'm seriously worried about how it will affect my relationship with my boyfriend.
I would just like to get some guys perspective.

So:
Would you be less attracted to your crush/girlfriend if she got braces?

Would you be put off of kissing/doing other things with her?

Would you stop liking her because of this?

Thanks!!
Reply 1
It'd be irritating but your teeth would be better in the end and well I can't complain at someone improving their health and looks that's just being a jerk. It wouldn't be serious for me.
Original post by DErasmus
It'd be irritating but your teeth would be better in the end and well I can't complain at someone improving their health and looks that's just being a jerk. It wouldn't be serious for me.

Totally this. Wouldn't really bother me at all, you're just trying to better yourself so can hardly blame you for that!
Reply 3
Original post by Precious Illusions
Totally this. Wouldn't really bother me at all, you're just trying to better yourself so can hardly blame you for that!

However if you told me I was paying for it I might kill you :biggrin:.
Original post by DErasmus
However if you told me I was paying for it I might kill you :biggrin:.

:laugh: I don't think anyone would expect their partner to pay for them to get braces...right?
I'd have no issue.
If that affects your relationship then he's dissatisfied with something else and using this as an excuse to have a go at you
Reply 7
Heck no braces for me actually add an essence of cuteness to the wearee I always seem to find people in braces really cute and when they come off then that person is like super sexy some people look worse with braces on just looks really are subjective beauty is only in the eye of the beholder and some people are just naturally attractive with or without braces but if I find someone sexy then I tend to think they'd look cute with braces
As long as she could still......you know......

Spoiler

I know a few guys who are MORE attracted to girls with braces. Personally...I think it looks cute...but I wouldn't want my d*ck to get cheese grated so I'd probably hold off on oral sex for a while
Having never been with a girl with braces, let me just fill the role of insensitive antagonist here and say yes I would be pretty miffed by it and find it annoying.

Wouldnt make me leave someone, and I'd respect they were trying to improve them self. But in the same way you would rather not have metal in your mouth, he most likely would prefer not to too.

It wont matter in the long run, braces arent going to change a relationship.
Thank you everyone!!!
Original post by Tylerd94
Heck no braces for me actually add an essence of cuteness to the wearee I always seem to find people in braces really cute and when they come off then that person is like super sexy some people look worse with braces on just looks really are subjective beauty is only in the eye of the beholder and some people are just naturally attractive with or without braces but if I find someone sexy then I tend to think they'd look cute with braces

Your reply made me feel better! Thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending