The Student Room Group
Serenity
C16th History - A
Law - A
Geography - A/B (Grr!)

Will Unis pay too much attention to the '/B'?

Yes. They are likely to if their offer is AAA and they are a top university.
But then there are some universities like sheffield where their standard offer is AAA but they make offers to applicants with ABB predicted grades (their offer still being AAA, but they don't really enforce it if you don't make it).

On the other hand if you have a very good or excellent LNAT grade then its possible that they will give you the benefit of the doubt.
Reply 2
Serenity
C16th History - A
Law - A
Geography - A/B (Grr!)

Will Unis pay too much attention to the '/B'?

Try your very best to persuade your tutor to make that A/B into just A. If your tutor knows it can make a significant difference to your application then im sure he/she will change it, especially if they think that that will mean you being more motivated to get the A.
What unis are you applying to?
Reply 4
superdillon
Yes. They are likely to if their offer is AAA and they are a top university.
But then there are some universities like sheffield where their standard offer is AAA but they make offers to applicants with ABB predicted grades (their offer still being AAA, but they don't really enforce it if you don't make it).

On the other hand if you have a very good or excellent LNAT grade then its possible that they will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Is this true ? If so i really should put Sheffield down. Do you think southampton will do the same as thier offer is AAA but when i was on the website they had AAA-ABB
Reply 5
So much easier applying with actual grades :biggrin:
Reply 6
Lol!
Reply 7
adil_2006
Is this true ? If so i really should put Sheffield down. Do you think southampton will do the same as thier offer is AAA but when i was on the website they had AAA-ABB

Only put Sheffield down if you are interested in it.

From your signature it makes it look like all the standard offers are AAB for the unis you are applying for? So it shouldn't be a problem as you'll meet that, if not beat it, if you get A's in all 3.
Reply 8
Don't think I'll be able to get the teacher to change it. However, one of the sixth form staff said a while back that they will be putting that it was for reasons beyond my control that I got the score I got (NQT in his first year of teaching - had to self-teach whilst rest of class got Ds). If unis will accept that? I just hope they remember to.
Reply 9
spark911
Only put Sheffield down if you are interested in it.

From your signature it makes it look like all the standard offers are AAB for the unis you are applying for? So it shouldn't be a problem as you'll meet that, if not beat it, if you get A's in all 3.

I doubt i will be able to get three A's but i think i should just leave my 6 choices as they are. I keep changing everyday! :smile: I am happy with all of them it just sheffield seems to have a good rep for law
Reply 10
Serenity, I had a similar problem and persuaded my teacher to predict me an A.

Really do try. Even if it means getting your parents to kick up a fuss. You have nothing to lose by putting in a few stern words, showing your previous academic achievements and reiterating how important your predictions are.

However, if they have a real basis for predicting you /B - i.e. - you actually got a B last year, then you may find it difficult to get them to change their minds.

Latest

Trending

Trending