The Student Room Group

Is TSR sexist?

By which I mean, is it

-full of immature idiots, misogynists and trolls on the male side

-yet biased towards women, even when the poster is quite immature, arrogant/entitled and narcissistic?

There seems to be an extraordinary amount of petty haughty attitudes and immaturity on this forum. Ironically for an intellectual database, a lot of shallow mindsets too. But then that could be because I'm an older member (not more mature lol)

Discuss.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Yes along with racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The generalisation... is real. :zomg:

:colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Nobody in the west nowadays can be seriously considered 'sexist'.
Absolutely.
Intellectual database? You're having a laugh, right? Participation in some level of education does not make you intellectual. It's 'The Student Room'. It's full of students, of varying ages, basically kids. We're young folk, we're not meant to have everything right. It's a cocktail shaker of opinions, most in their infancy, most of which are green and liable to change. Plus, this is the Internet - Anonymity breeds ass holes.
Reply 6
can we not generalise a forum based on a few individuals of that forum please. Just because some members have sexist views it doesn't mean the whole community is sexist please drop the prejudices please
Reply 7
If this were an intellectual database it would sound like something you could write on your CV! It's not, it's a big forum with a diverse collection of opinions, some of which you will agree with and others which you most certainly will not. The world also works in this way except you don't tend to talk to people who hold opinions you don't agree with as much as you would on here.
Original post by louieee
can we not generalise a forum based on a few individuals of that forum please. Just because some members have sexist views it doesn't mean the whole community is sexist please drop the prejudices please

er no
Original post by Mr...
I'd love to hear how?:holmes:

Because it's plainly obvious that there is nothing intrinsic to womanhood that makes them incapable of doing things which men can do. It's just like there aren't really people who believe the world is flat - of course there are some, ​but no considerable number.
Original post by Mr...
Sexism is a belief not an action in itself. Anybody can be sexist in this day and age :yep:

I never said sexism was an action...
When you make a forum which has a population of students then obviously it's gonna be a dumb ass place- yeah dude 2014

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not as much as lad culture

Quick Reply

Latest