The Student Room Group

Argument w/ hmate. Ambulance called.

So last night, I'm at a hparty w/ all my housemates and towards end of night, I have chat with two of them. As I am a full on pot smoker eventually her true feelings come out about my smoking (and I hate making people uncomfortable) and the conversation turns into an argument, and she's throws accusations at me left right and centre.

I get pissed off, and storm outside for a fag (we were both v drunk) suddenly she has a panick attack, and I get told I should go home. So I do.

3hrs later she comes back I feel like I need to get this off my chest and do my best to apologise, the two girls somehow take offence and start shouting. (Little did I know an ambulance was called because of her panick attack) Now I have no idea what to do or say as I tried apologising and the whole house ignores me as they think I put her in the ambulance

WHAT THE **** DO I DO?!
Reply 1
Objectively you shouldn't feel guilty about it, but realistically they are likely to take her side and be dicks to you, and you will feel guilty.

****ty situation, not much you can do.
If you didn't smoke pot you'd know what to do.

Don't do drugs kids
Reply 3
I know complete bull****!
I'm going away for the weekend so I'll see how it is after that. I'm amazed the other dude in the house is not on my side either
Reply 4
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
If you didn't smoke pot you'd know what to do.

Don't do drugs kids

It's funny because the cause of the argument is that she thought I was looking for credit for saying that I haven't done weed in 2w, but I was just saying to her that I didn't ☺️
Why on earth was an ambulance called for a panic attack?
Original post by nebsteve
So last night, I'm at a hparty w/ all my housemates and towards end of night, I have chat with two of them. As I am a full on pot smoker eventually her true feelings come out about my smoking (and I hate making people uncomfortable) and the conversation turns into an argument, and she's throws accusations at me left right and centre.

I get pissed off, and storm outside for a fag (we were both v drunk) suddenly she has a panick attack, and I get told I should go home. So I do.

3hrs later she comes back I feel like I need to get this off my chest and do my best to apologise, the two girls somehow take offence and start shouting. (Little did I know an ambulance was called because of her panick attack) Now I have no idea what to do or say as I tried apologising and the whole house ignores me as they think I put her in the ambulance

WHAT THE **** DO I DO?!

Well what a waste of public money and what a foolish person you are.

I hope that your friend gets charged for the ambulance. Taking that vehicle out of service for such a minor episode has put genuine patients at risk.

You just need a brown paper bag for a panic attack.
Reply 7
This is the type of angst that can develop at alcohol and drug fuelled parties. Apologise, put it down to experience and keep your head down for a while.
Reply 8
Woah didn't realise there's a majority of anti drug :/

However stopping smoking weed is not a short term thing, and won't resolve this argument instantly, especially when I haven't touched it for a week
Can we not say what is needed and not needed for a panic attack, please?

I don't know if the girl in question realised it was a panic attack or not... but I only started having panic attacks a few years ago, and for the first few times, I had no idea what they were. Panic has all kinds of physical effects on your body - chest pains, dizziness, nausea, pins and needles. During my last panic attack, my breathing got so bad that my arms went completely numb and my hands lost all control and curled up into claws. I had no idea what was happening and, in my panicked state, called the ambulance service (well, had a friend call). She talked through what was happening to me on the phone, instructed me into the recovery position, and thankfully we avoided an ambulance actually being sent.

The girl's friends shouldn't have necessarily encouraged an ambulance being called - they should have done all they could to calm the situation. Admittedly, it does sound like a lot of drama over nothing.

But, as someone with a history of (thankfully rare) panic attacks, I would like to remind you that if you haven't suffered with them, don't come up with ignorant comments like 'a paper bag will do'. That may be the case in a logical person's mind, but when someone is mid panic attack, they can genuinely believe that they're dying. It's not in their control, and often need a professional to help calm them down if they're not used to them.

*steps off soapbox*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending