The Student Room Group

Where can I buy weave?

This question is to black girls mainly but of course anyone else who can give advice.

So I have been natural for almost a year now, and I have never had a weave and I have done braids before so I want to try something different.

I want a weave that you sew on not clip ons, I am looking for real hair not synthetic at a reasonable price. I tried looking online at the UK shops and there is not much variety plus the price wasn't that great. (But then again am not sure how much would a normal real hair weave cost). I wouldn't mind buying from online shop from outside the UK but the problem would be shipping costs. However am willing to do so if the price is reasonable and the shipping cost is not too much.

Does anyone know if shops in the UK I can get good quality human hair at a reasonable price online or in an actual shop (any shop in or near London as I can get access to London easily)

Any help will be much appreciated :smile:
I think most people tend to buy it online. I've been natural for a year now too and I'm planning on getting weave done for my birthday in a few weeks.

Online is cheaper and has more variety and I can honestly say it is reliable. My mum has bought a ton of good quality hair from the site and I have now too. It's aliexpress, maybe you've heard of it? It's basically a wholesale site, you can buy other stuff on there but I wouldn't recommend buying the jewellery it's very flimsy. The hair typically comes within 3-5 working days. They have Brazilian, Peruvian amongst others and in a variety of other colours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by beaverhausen
I think most people tend to buy it online. I've been natural for a year now too and I'm planning on getting weave done for my birthday in a few weeks.

Online is cheaper and has more variety and I can honestly say it is reliable. My mum has bought a ton of good quality hair from the site and I have now too. It's aliexpress, maybe you've heard of it? It's basically a wholesale site, you can buy other stuff on there but I wouldn't recommend buying the jewellery it's very flimsy. The hair typically comes within 3-5 working days. They have Brazilian, Peruvian amongst others and in a variety of other colours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've com across aliexpress, I was hoping they were other options available. I have seen hair there quite cheap, like less than a dollar, but I think this is priced per gram so its misleading as it wouldn't be that cheap. By any chance do you know the difference between processed and unprocessed hair?
Reply 3
Reply 4
Alliexpress - Queen hair is the best one
Love hair main shop is in London (Woolwich)
Good hair
whitney marie uk hair
bleuribbonhair (Pretty pricey)
Deesse hair

If you want Cheap I would suggest aliexpress
Original post by ontrack7
Yeah I've com across aliexpress, I was hoping they were other options available. I have seen hair there quite cheap, like less than a dollar, but I think this is priced per gram so its misleading as it wouldn't be that cheap. By any chance do you know the difference between processed and unprocessed hair?

Sorry! Forgot to reply: processed hair means that if you want to colour the weave it won't be as good as if the weave was unprocessed, it basically means there are chemicals and all that stuff in it, it's not natural. Also if you try to straighten the hair and then wash it, the original texture e.g. body wave would be lost and would just be messed up.

Ideally you want to get unprocessed weave because then you can do whatever and the original texture will remain, you can freely bleach or colour the hair and it will come out the desired colour rather than a half-assed colour you would get with processed hair.
Reply 6
Also with aliexpress watch Youtube reviews before you buy
Reply 7
Original post by Yemiisii
Alliexpress - Queen hair is the best one
Love hair main shop is in London (Woolwich)
Good hair
whitney marie uk hair
bleuribbonhair (Pretty pricey)
Deesse hair

If you want Cheap I would suggest aliexpress

THANKS so much this :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by beaverhausen
Sorry! Forgot to reply: processed hair means that if you want to colour the weave it won't be as good as if the weave was unprocessed, it basically means there are chemicals and all that stuff in it, it's not natural. Also if you try to straighten the hair and then wash it, the original texture e.g. body wave would be lost and would just be messed up.

Ideally you want to get unprocessed weave because then you can do whatever and the original texture will remain, you can freely bleach or colour the hair and it will come out the desired colour rather than a half-assed colour you would get with processed hair.

THANKS so much :gthumb:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending