The Student Room Group

My friends never invite me anywhere

My friends always make plans with each other in front of me asking the others if/when they're coming to whatever is being planned and if I ever say something too I either get ignored or they tell me 'oh its going to be really expensive' or 'it might be too many people, not enough room, or we've planned it months ago, sorry.' Then they tell me next time we will hang out but the things they supposedly plan to do with me never happen. I only see these girls in sixth form where they are supposedly my group of friends and yet they never treat me like one. They are always posting pictures and videos on facebook/instagram/snapchat about parties and trips to the cinema and holidays all of which I am left out of. it makes me cry all the time but I never tell them how I feel and I think even if I did they wouldn't understand and they would just continue to ignore me. like last night one of them had a big Halloween party which I wasn't invited to and only found out through snapchat stories and instagram posts this morning, when they invited loads of other people who aren't in the group and they forgot about me. I do send them messages such as 'hey is anything happening?' Or 'want to hang out/do something today?' but these largely get ignored. what do I do? :frown: how do I stop them treating me like crap when they're supposed to be my best friends? :frown:
Ohh, that sucks, I'm really sorry. There's not a lot that can be said other than unfortunately, these girls aren't your friends. Either tell them how you feel and hope something happens, or resign yourself to the fact that you can choose to be alone throughout sixth form (which isn't so bad) or you can continue to hang around with fake friends.

Sorry to hear that though, that's a horrible situation to be in :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
My friends always make plans with each other in front of me asking the others if/when they're coming to whatever is being planned and if I ever say something too I either get ignored or they tell me 'oh its going to be really expensive' or 'it might be too many people, not enough room, or we've planned it months ago, sorry.' Then they tell me next time we will hang out but the things they supposedly plan to do with me never happen. I only see these girls in sixth form where they are supposedly my group of friends and yet they never treat me like one. They are always posting pictures and videos on facebook/instagram/snapchat about parties and trips to the cinema and holidays all of which I am left out of. it makes me cry all the time but I never tell them how I feel and I think even if I did they wouldn't understand and they would just continue to ignore me. like last night one of them had a big Halloween party which I wasn't invited to and only found out through snapchat stories and instagram posts this morning, when they invited loads of other people who aren't in the group and they forgot about me. I do send them messages such as 'hey is anything happening?' Or 'want to hang out/do something today?' but these largely get ignored. what do I do? :frown: how do I stop them treating me like crap when they're supposed to be my best friends? :frown:

They are not your best friends. They're just acquaintances you hang out with and the reason why they don't invite you anywhere is because they don't like you, think you're lame and don't think of you as their best friend.

What you do, is move on and ignore them, stop nagging them and trying to rub yourself into one of their parties.
They're not your friends especially if you made efforts to organise something. I think you have two options: make new friends now or wait it out until you go to university.
Reply 4
Do yourself a favour and drop them, fast. They sound like the cliquey, superficial types who will string you along for as long as you'll let them. Don't let them. This will be emotionally draining for you, and a waste of your time.

I know disassociating yourself from a group is far easier said than done, but you'll be far happier in the long run without these people in your life.
Reply 5
Just make new friends and slowly drift apart from them. I mean, still talk to them in school and everything if you want but maybe find a new group of friends, start talking to one person and get in that way, maybe they will see you differently as somebody they want to hang out with. I am kind of in this situation with some of my friends, but I am friends with many groups of people so I og hang out with others :smile:
Reply 6
Make new friends
They aren't your friends. You may think they are but in reality they will just see you as an acquaintance who tags along with their group at school but not a friend or even a 'best friend' hence why they never invite you anywhere. The fact that they are always ignoring your messages when you ask to do something with them or keep giving you excuses as to not invite you to plans they talk about should show that they aren't your real friends and that they don't want you around them but at the same time don't have the balls to tell it to you straight, so they ignore you. I have been in this situation at school before and it isn't nice :frown: ditch them now and work on finding real friends who appreciate you is my advice.
If they were your friends, then I'm sure they would invite you. Move on and make some real friends dude

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright, first of all, can you think of any reasons why they may have treated you this way?
Any reason at all, most of the time people get treated a certain way because its just a response to how someone acts and behaves.
Are you not talkative? Are you high maintenance? Do you bring negative emotions?
I am not blaming you, but just asking you to open up your thoughts on why they treat you like they do.
Try to come up with reasons why they treat you like that, then you will discover whether you need to leave them, confront them or change the negatives of yourself. :smile:
Original post by silverlining_x
They aren't your friends. You may think they are but in reality they will just see you as an acquaintance who tags along with their group at school but not a friend or even a 'best friend' hence why they never invite you anywhere. The fact that they are always ignoring your messages when you ask to do something with them or keep giving you excuses as to not invite you to plans they talk about should show that they aren't your real friends and that they don't want you around them but at the same time don't have the balls to tell it to you straight, so they ignore you. I have been in this situation at school before and it isn't nice :frown: ditch them now and work on finding real friends who appreciate you is my advice.

This.
I've been there too, OP. :redface:
Eventually they spoke to the head of year who called me up the office and told me they didn't want me going round with them anymore. It was horrible, and I made a point to never speak to any of that group ever again (though I missed a few of them so much:frown:).
Best thing to do is try to find new friends. Though ... I know that is extremely hard to do when everyone already has their own friendship circles at school. :/
Reply 11

They are not real friends, ditch them, they are bringing you down and making you feel unworthy. I suggest you try to make some new friends and invite them out to do things. Try to have a life of your own and people will become drawn to you.Maybe try talk to some of the less popular kids, you would be suprised how friendly and loyal they are to you once they open up. And also sometimes you just kinda click with people and become friends naturally, you need to be friendly to everyone though and try to talk to new people.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey!!!!! Same for me! So I have these 2 friends that I have been friends since Preschool 4! And they always go to like Costco, have sleepovers without me! It makes me so sad cuz like they post pics on Instagram, and send me pics of them together. Like ugh! And they only invite me when I say “Can I come too?” Or they will never invite me. It’s so sad. Every today they had a sleepover. Like I was playing with them tomday but I didn’t feel good so I had to go back home... and they could’ve at least told me they were having a sleepover right?!?!?! UGH this just reminds me of irritating stuff so imma gonna stop!😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢
Hey!!!!! Same for me! So I have these 2 friends that I have been friends since Preschool 4! And they always go to like Costco, have sleepovers without me! It makes me so sad cuz like they post pics on Instagram, and send me pics of them together. Like ugh! And they only invite me when I say “Can I come too?” Or they will never invite me. It’s so sad. Every today they had a sleepover. Like I was playing with them tomday but I didn’t feel good so I had to go back home... and they could’ve at least told me they were having a sleepover right?!?!?! UGH this just reminds me of irritating stuff so imma gonna stop!😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢
Reply 14
This is exactly what’s happening with me, I always think, is there something wrong with me? Am I not good enough for them to talk to/hang out with, because how I got into this group was one of my friends, and she accepted me. But not for long, the group stopped talking to me, and once, we were eating lunch, and the same friend was talking about this carnival on how everyone’s invited, so I ask “Do I need a ride or money?” And she looked at me confused and said “You don’t because you aren’t coming.” I was upset when she said this because I felt like she hated me, they also started a group chat, and I wasn’t super excited because I’m a very socially awkward person, and I thought this would help me. So I say, “Hey whoever is making the chat, add me, my phone number is blah blah blah” and they ignored me, didn’t give me a glance. At this point I posted on my social media, I need new friends. I post things like “Hey I’m going to the skating rink! I’ll pay HMU if you wanna go” stuff like that, and never had i once had someone talk to me about it. I feel alone, and I need help and advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending