The Student Room Group

I don't know which A-level to drop!

At the moment I am doing 5 a levels and I want to drop one but I'm not sure which... I am doing maths, further maths, economics, english and spanish and I want to do either law or economics at uni.

Which do you think I should drop? :smile:
Reply 1
for law or economics i'd say drop further maths or spanish-are there any that you enjoy more than others?
Reply 2
Original post by jnny
for law or economics i'd say drop further maths or spanish-are there any that you enjoy more than others?

Thanks! I enjoy them all to be honest :colondollar:. I will probably drop spanish then as unis say they like further maths. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by raandoom
At the moment I am doing 5 a levels and I want to drop one but I'm not sure which... I am doing maths, further maths, economics, english and spanish and I want to do either law or economics at uni.

I would say drop further maths. If you do economics at uni you will need maths (at least for most unis), and economics would obviously be useful. If you do law most, if not all, unis will want you to have an essay-based subject so you should probably keep English. Spanish would be useful to have for either because languages are highly valued by unis for any course, as well as by employers.

But ultimately I would say take the ones that you're going to get the best grades in. If you're equally good at all of them then I think further maths would be the best one to drop, but if you're much better at maths than you are at Spanish then drop Spanish.

Hope that helps :smile:

If you want to do Economics, you definitely should not drop Further Maths.

Are you doing English Language or English Literature?

I'd probably recommend dropping Spanish. If you are undecided on whether to apply for Law or Economics, I think dropping Spanish is the most sensible thing to do.
(edited 9 years ago)
Drop further maths if you study law, Spanish if you study economics.
Reply 6
Thanks for the help everyone :smile:
I think I'm going to drop Spanish as it is the most difficult out of all my subjects!
(Doing English Lit by the way :tongue:)
I'd have said Lit :tongue:

Español es muy útil :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I'd have said Lit :tongue:

Español es muy útil :frown:

Para ser honesta, me encanta español .... ¡La decisión es muy difícil! :mad:

I have been trying to decide for about 5 weeks now! :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Are you dropping a 5th one due to the work load? :holmes: