The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Yo, any other history firmers? Got me an A*AA offer, pretty grim. So stoked for this place though
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by 8fairrc
Yo, any other history firmers? Got me an A*AA offer, pretty grim. So stoked for this place though

Yo I got a place for history man!
Swag, what kind of period are you into? Loving my Cold War course at the moment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, Any other fellow boarding school people in here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xleoanimusx
Is anyone else insanely excited to start? :biggrin:

Bit of a late reply but... YAAAAASSS! :biggrin:
Original post by Posiedon12
Wooo! Hope to see you in September

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bit late but I've firmed for law too!! So excited :biggrin: let's hope we all see each other in September!
Guys I'm an offer holder for the course Politics and East European Studies. My offer is IB overall points 38 and 18 in my HLs. I'm 99% sure that I'm going to meet my offer as I freaking aced the tests. However, the thing is that I really regret choosing this major. I thought this was like "Political Science in general" but have noticed that this course is mostly focused on "Soviet politics". Thus, I was wondering if I could change my major to other courses such as "Information management for Business". Their requirement is lower than my course, but is oversubscribed.

Do u guys think there's a chance for me to change the course?
Btw I'm an international student so yeah.. there maybe an advantage for me as I'm like a "money" to UCL haha
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey Guys!

Come over and join the facebook group for 2015-2016 applicants to meet others heading to UCL and hear about everything freshers related!

www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=678095185645989

:biggrin:
Hi,
I will be studying at SOAS from September, me and one other guy who starts at UCL at the same time are looking for 3 more people for a 5 bedroom house in Haringey Green Lanes. The house is 135-155pwpp (depending on room size) and includes all bills, a house phone, sky tv and a flatscreen in each room. There are three bathrooms, a garden, kitchen and a living room.
Please get back to me ASAP if you would rather be in a student house than halls, and we can arrange a viewing.
Josh
Reply 1529
Where are my CS buddies at??? can't wait to go to UCL.
Original post by `Mo

Here if I somehow manage to meet my offer after an awful S3 paper haha!
Reply 1531
Original post by `Mo

heyyy..here but my condition is very hard to beat....hopefully if somehow dont cross it UCL goes easy on me and still takes me in
(from india)
Original post by pharmacywhy
Hey :smile:
I am definitely firming UCL, however they are asking for a 36 overall and 17 in my 3 higher levels (I am doing the IB). 2 days ago I took my first exam, which I was expecting to score a 6-7/7 but I wasn't taught one of the questions at school and thus I couldn't answer it. Therefore, I am kind of worried that I won't be able to have 36 overall. The exam was on WAC which is totally irrelevant to pharmacy, so I really don't know if they will bother or not...
Does anyone knows if you have any chances of getting accepted if you don't meet all the requirements of your offer? Thanks in advance

Hi! I'm doing a swiss matura and my conditions are insanely high compared to the a level requirements but I got the same problem everywhere. I rang the programme manager (she was very understanding) and she said that they have these guidelines for international qualifications and tells them what the equivalent requirements are for the A-level ones, and they have to stick to them even though she agreed that they were too high (I don't know about the IB though). She said that if you miss the offer by a small margin you get put on the "maybes"-list and still have quite a good chance of getting in, depending on how many other people accept/make the offer etc. Also, I think like me you will get your results a lot earlier than A-level students? In that case you'll be able to speak to them about it straight away before any of the other places are confirmed. If it turns out that you only just missed the requirements because of say some subject that isn't relevant to your course I'm pretty sure they'll understand and let you on. :smile: Good luck!
Reply 1533
Original post by swissfi
Hi! I'm doing a swiss matura and my conditions are insanely high compared to the a level requirements but I got the same problem everywhere. I rang the programme manager (she was very understanding) and she said that they have these guidelines for international qualifications and tells them what the equivalent requirements are for the A-level ones, and they have to stick to them even though she agreed that they were too high (I don't know about the IB though). She said that if you miss the offer by a small margin you get put on the "maybes"-list and still have quite a good chance of getting in, depending on how many other people accept/make the offer etc. Also, I think like me you will get your results a lot earlier than A-level students? In that case you'll be able to speak to them about it straight away before any of the other places are confirmed. If it turns out that you only just missed the requirements because of say some subject that isn't relevant to your course I'm pretty sure they'll understand and let you on. :smile: Good luck!

thats nice to hear because my conditions are very diff as well..i think they have put all international conditions very high....i get my results tomorrow, lets see what happens..im nervous
I'm here for Psychology! Hopefully coming in September, trying my best to meet my A*AA offer :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alliah208
I'm here for Psychology! Hopefully coming in September, trying my best to meet my A*AA offer :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me tooooo! XDD

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an unconditional offer letter for Computer Science.
Looking for some cheap and shared room near university any help?
Also can anyone tell me what will be the living expense there, as I'm an Indian everything is gonna be new to me.
On site it say 322 pounds per week.
Will it actually cost that much because it too expensive i guess at least for me....
Hi! I am a Spanish offer holder and I just got my exam results, but I can't find any information of how to send my results tu UCL. Does anyone know how to or have any useful links? Thanks! :smile:
Original post by HdezSer
Hi! I am a Spanish offer holder and I just got my exam results, but I can't find any information of how to send my results tu UCL. Does anyone know how to or have any useful links? Thanks! :smile:

enhorabuena! I'm not an expert, but I think your best bet would be to phone or email admissions :smile:
Original post by florecita28
enhorabuena! I'm not an expert, but I think your best bet would be to phone or email admissions :smile:

Gracias! I will try that, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending