The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by morgan8002
Lucky! I'll probably find mine out next week but at the most it'll be around 33-34. I really need an A* overall.

i wish you best of luck!~
may seem lucky, but i do so bad in exams,i get like C or B :L So i need my pracs to push up the grade
Original post by Username13
I thought it was 90% UMS for the A2 exams and 80% average UMS for the A2 practical and AS exams/practical to get an A*?

no

Original post by Makashima
Wait what. There's A* boundaries for A2 practicals too ???

38 raw = a star on the practical.
OCR don't publish theirs, but it's around 37 or 38 for an A*(varies year on year).

This yeah
Lucky! I'll probably find mine out next week but at the most it'll be around 33-34. I really need an A* overall.

are you applying to Oxbridge?

tbh exams really matter get 150 on g485 then only 120 from the other two components.
Original post by Damien_Dalgaard
are you applying to Oxbridge?

tbh exams really matter get 150 on g485 then only 120 from the other two components.

No, I got rejected.

I think G484 is easier(more maths), so will probably get a higher mark in that. I will try to get 100% in both exams though.
No, I got rejected.I think G484 is easier(more maths), so will probably get a higher mark in that. I will try to get 100% in both exams though.

sorry.

Maybe last years paper was tough for g484.

Will you post a levels apply?
Guys ive attached a graph for g484 and g485 showing the grade boundary trend. Whats your opinion?

Wow thats really nice of you for those data...
So for G484, the maximum marks you can afford to lose for an A would be 12 marks
And for G484, the maximum marks you can afford to lose for an A would be 19 marks

Oh well, Im aiming for a B so maybe for me its like 15 marks ?
Wow thats really nice of you for those data...
So for G484, the maximum marks you can afford to lose for an A would be 12 marks
And for G484, the maximum marks you can afford to lose for an A would be 19 marks

Oh well, Im aiming for a B so maybe for me its like 15 marks ?

That's alright :smile: shall I make a graph for a B?
Original post by lollipopsftw
That's alright :smile: shall I make a graph for a B?

Omg yes please, if it is not a hassle ^_~
Omg yes please, if it is not a hassle ^_~

Original post by lollipopsftw
x

Thank you very much! ^_~
Edit:

Ok time period is independent from amplitude thus in damping, the time period is constant but simply the changing bit is the velocity in order to have the same time period
So velocity increases or decreases?

Is this right? Iduunooo
(edited 9 years ago)
Edit:

Ok time period is independent from amplitude thus in damping, the time period is constant but simply the changing bit is the velocity in order to have the same time period

Is this right? Iduunooo

I think it would mean velocity decreases, look at v=2pif x X, damping reduces the displacement, and so will reduce the velocity
Edit:

Is this right? Iduunooo

When you damp something, the thing is not strictly in simple harmonic motion. You do not have the same time period when you damp something. In fact the point of critical damping is to complete stop oscillations occurring.
In order to keep the time period the same you would have to increase the velocity because you are decreasing the amplitude. However the velocity doesn't increase - how could it, you are removing evergy from the system in damping.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Examples of resonance? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gothmog827

Posted from TSR Mobile

Urmmm

Washing machine casing??
Microwaves, send in radiowaves to increase amplitude of oscillation of water molecules in food to heat it up?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Urmmm

Washing machine casing??
Microwaves, send in radiowaves to increase amplitude of oscillation of water molecules in food to heat it up?

Natural frequency of the water molecules match the driving frequency of the microwaves hence they oscillate with maximum amplitude?
Original post by Hopstano
Natural frequency of the water molecules match the driving frequency of the microwaves hence they oscillate with maximum amplitude?

Yeah and further increase
Original post by gothmog827

Posted from TSR Mobile

Negative example of resonance:

The walking footstep by the people or the wind frequency matches the natural frequency of the bridge hence the bridge resonates, it sways...very dangerous :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending