The Student Room Group

Contact Lenses.... Help?

[INDENT]So, I started wearing lenses, and I woke up, this morning and a few hours in ( with no lenses in my eyes), my left eye felt irritating at the bottom. There's no signs of redness, or dryness etc. I wanted to know, that is this normal for the first time? And also should I put in the contact lenses after this experience? They are montlies by the way!
I'd really appreciate any sort of help!!

Hello! :smile:
I use monthly disposables as well. Have been wearing lenses for 4 years now.
Hmm, the irritation at the bottom is normal, happens a lot, but you can correct that. More often than not, it;s due to the contact not being placed exactly on the eyeball, hence causing the irritation while you blink. Try re-placing your lenses:
- Take them out onto your hands (wash with soap first), and use a little contact lens solution to moisturize it, then place it back.

If the problem persists, maybe you should consult your doc, or try a different lens brand (I use Bausch & Lomb, but Johnson's and Johnson's is good too!)
Original post by tejasrao11
Hello! :smile:
I use monthly disposables as well. Have been wearing lenses for 4 years now.
Hmm, the irritation at the bottom is normal, happens a lot, but you can correct that. More often than not, it;s due to the contact not being placed exactly on the eyeball, hence causing the irritation while you blink. Try re-placing your lenses:
- Take them out onto your hands (wash with soap first), and use a little contact lens solution to moisturize it, then place it back.

If the problem persists, maybe you should consult your doc, or try a different lens brand (I use Bausch & Lomb, but Johnson's and Johnson's is good too!)

Hi! Thanks for the reply! You've been super helpful!
The thing is I wanted to know if the first morning after, is the irritation normal. It's happened this morning, it feels like an eyelash is at the bottom of my eye, but my eyes look perfectly normal and healthy. I was therefore wondering, that is this weird feeling normal, for the first time?
Hmm. Sorry, I wouldn't know much about that. I normally take mine off at the end of each day.
I understand the feeling though, and normally solving dryness, or misplacement resolves it.

Misplacement is the most likely.

Have you used your drops?
Original post by tejasrao11
Hmm. Sorry, I wouldn't know much about that. I normally take mine off at the end of each day.
I understand the feeling though, and normally solving dryness, or misplacement resolves it.

Misplacement is the most likely.

Have you used your drops?

Nope, haven't used drops, it's only the second day. I take mine out at the end of the day too. To be honest, it feels like a piece of genius, the polymer's quality, and the ability to see... way better than glasses. And out of curiosity, have you ever experienced any sort of infection?

Also, thank you ever so much for all the help, you're ever so kind!
Try using drops then!

No worries at all. Nope, I haven't, touchwood.
Reply 6
Make sure that there is no foreign body in your eye eg a broken off eyelash.

When inserting lenses ensure that your wash your hands and dry them with a lint free towel or preferably a paper towel that will not shed any particles.

Daily disposables are the healthiest of all lenses.

I choose to wear non silicon hydrogel lenses as si hydrogel lenses have a greater tendency to cause dryness,irritation and eyelid issues.

Quick Reply

Latest