The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Offer Holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hollywooddreamer
Just had a letter inviting me to interview for the possibility of an unconditional offer :0 Posted from TSR Mobile
I have one too! Have they mailed you back to tell you when it is? :-)
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 21
I got an offer to read maths not unconditional tho
Reply 22
I heard at Lancaster you can take modules/other degree programmes in the first year alongside the one you applied for. ..has anyone else heard this??
Original post by Mai.H
I heard at Lancaster you can take modules/other degree programmes in the first year alongside the one you applied for. ..has anyone else heard this??

I'm pretty sure you have to do the three. I'm doing English lit, creative writing and World lit, but you can take basically any elective - like I could take philosophy even if I wasn't taking it at A Level. It works for some people; others don't like it. You don't get tested in your third subject
Original post by niamhryle
I have one too! Have they mailed you back to tell you when it is? :-)

No not yet :tongue: have they for you? What date did you ask for? I asked for feb 4th as my 1st preference then december, then march :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No not yet :tongue: have they for you? What date did you ask for? I asked for feb 4th as my 1st preference then december, then march :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I asked for Feb, then March, then Dec then Nov :-) I wish I had an idea of how many people had been offered unconditional! Either way I'm pretty sure I'm firming Lancaster as I just loved the campus so it'll be nice if we end up on the same course!
I asked for Feb, then March, then Dec then Nov :-) I wish I had an idea of how many people had been offered unconditional! Either way I'm pretty sure I'm firming Lancaster as I just loved the campus so it'll be nice if we end up on the same course!

im not sure how many got it tbh.. and Ah same here even if i dont get the unconditional upgrade im pretty sure i'll firm lancs.. mainly im choosing between lancs and kent atm. I loved the campus too.. so many facilities :'). And yes it will.. i'm glad i've found someone else on here that is doing lit and creative writing.. i haven t seen many.

I love your icon btw :smile:!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
im not sure how many got it tbh.. and Ah same here even if i dont get the unconditional upgrade im pretty sure i'll firm lancs.. mainly im choosing between lancs and kent atm. I loved the campus too.. so many facilities :'). And yes it will.. i'm glad i've found someone else on here that is doing lit and creative writing.. i haven t seen many.

I love your icon btw :smile:!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! Which college are you thinking of applying to? I think the professors all seem lovely and it's not too far from home either (well, two hours away, but considering that some of my options are 5+ hours that's not so bad).

And thanks haha! The answer to every question is a hamster wearing a flower as a hat.
Reply 28
Just had a letter inviting me to interview for the possibility of an unconditional offer :0

Posted from TSR Mobile

I received a letter in the post the other day for an unconditional offer for Natural Sciences if I put them as my first choice.....anyone know if Unconditionals are common at Lancaster in particular?? :redface:
I just got an unconditional offer from Lancaster for Biological Sciences, if I put them first choice. It seems like they are becoming gradually more common to give out, which is really good! :smile:
Me too! Which college are you thinking of applying to? I think the professors all seem lovely and it's not too far from home either (well, two hours away, but considering that some of my options are 5+ hours that's not so bad).

And thanks haha! The answer to every question is a hamster wearing a flower as a hat.

I think cartmel or bowland :tongue: wbu? Ah yep the lecturers were really nice! It's about 2 hours away from me as well.. one of my choices (kent) is a 6-7 hr drive away :0! Aw no problem! I love hamsters :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aleea03
I received a letter in the post the other day for an unconditional offer for Natural Sciences if I put them as my first choice.....anyone know if Unconditionals are common at Lancaster in particular?? :redface:

Congratz!!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
I'm pretty sure you have to do the three. I'm doing English lit, creative writing and World lit, but you can take basically any elective - like I could take philosophy even if I wasn't taking it at A Level. It works for some people; others don't like it. You don't get tested in your third subject

That sounds really cool, thanks!
Original post by Mai.H
That sounds really cool, thanks!
You're welcome! :-)
I think cartmel or bowland :tongue: wbu? Ah yep the lecturers were really nice! It's about 2 hours away from me as well.. one of my choices (kent) is a 6-7 hr drive away :0! Aw no problem! I love hamsters :')Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm thinking Pendle :-) Hopefully if I get an unconditional offer then I'll get to go there haha (I'm pretty sure you get first choice accommodation).
I'm thinking Pendle :-) Hopefully if I get an unconditional offer then I'll get to go there haha (I'm pretty sure you get first choice accommodation).

I looked around pendle! It was so nice.. love the fact that they have a 'college of the witch' :') i hope i get in as well.. quite nervous for the interview actually! :s :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just got an offer via email from Lancaster to study Earth and Environmental Science, I'm not sure if it's conditional or unconditional yet as track hasn't updated yet and I'm a gap year student so I don't know. But I'm really happy!!!!! I need to visit now because I don't know much about the uni but I'm so excited to find out, I really wasn't expecting an offer! :biggrin:
Original post by albany-geography
applied for Geography/North America BA on Oct 10th, got a conditional offer on Nov 5th which they changed to unconditional on Nov 10th!

Same kinda thing happened to me, about a week after they offered me a conditional I got a letter through with an upgrade to unconditional
Got an offer last week for Politics and Economics AAB. :smile:
Reply 39
I've just got an offer from Lancaster to do Politics and International Relations next year :smile:, plus my offer was reduced from AAB to ABB (Dad didn't got to uni when he was 18), and it's my 1st offer & 1st choice uni :biggrin:PS: If there's any other Politics/International Relations offer holders/applicants it'd be great to chat, as I don't know anybody from my Sixth Form who's even applying to Lancaster

Quick Reply

Latest