The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Offer Holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Only sent my uni application off today, applied for lancaster, i like the uni, the course and the town but i feel it's kinda too close, given that I live like just over half an hour's drive from it, and i kinda wanna live and discover somewhere new. Looking to do maths with french and I hope to get an offer soon :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by ums_hegemon
Congratulations!

Thank you.
I have an offer for BA Geography :smile: I got it a few weeks ago a week after I sent my application!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
What course? Lancaster is a brilliant university!

Ecology and Conservation.
Original post by Horner1

I can't say I know anything about either of those but I am sure they'll be fun.
Do Brits always argue by throwing elaborate words around and being anything but humble about their achievements? Your nation sure is ridiculous! :tongue:
Have an offer for Physics MSci: 90% average, 85% extended Physics and Maths, Polish matura exam. Really hope to get in, but the 90% avg is scary, since we have a compulsory common core - I'll be partly judged by my nonexistent humanist skills :-(
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 46

What subject are you applying for?
Original post by cerlohee
He came to the Cambridge and Oxford thread's too.
He's a complete troll, just ignore him!

Some people just want to cause arguments. He's been successfully ignored. :smile:
Yes, your capacity for virulence is an obvious illustration of your insidious subordination in the realm of higher education.

Further, St Andrews may be third but, if one is to dissect the criteria for its positioning, one shall realise that it is only really present as a consequence of its 'student satisfaction' ratings. I do not see this as a remotely key determinant for a good university - university is not supposed to be enjoyed, it is supposed to induce erudition amongst its students. This cannot be achieved through the mediums of foam parties, silent discos and Sainsbury's own brand of vodka. I am sorry to make this so transparent.

I don't know who you are, but you are bloody hilarious.

Harsh, definitely. But still hilarious (and a tad truthful).
Original post by Horner1

eeeek me to :biggrin:
Reply 50
Original post by charlottealevel
eeeek me to :biggrin:

Is it your first choice?
Original post by Horner1
Is it your first choice?

Not quite sure as of yet, I've got three offers so from the unis i really wanna go to
Reply 52

You are learning.

Keep it up.

Try to leave people with a :smile: and not a :frown:.
Reply 53
Not quite sure as of yet, I've got three offers so from the unis i really wanna go to

Well, hopefully you'll get into your first choice, wherever that may be.
Ive got a conditional offer of ABB to study computer science. Cant decide which uni to firm though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Horner1
Well, hopefully you'll get into your first choice, wherever that may be.

I think Exeter is my 1st choice and lowest offer, but it's just the distance that is holding me back. I've been looking at travel costs for the applicant visit days and it's so expensive :frown:
Original post by Heartland
Ive got a conditional offer of ABB to study computer science. Cant decide which uni to firm though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know what Lancaster Uni's comp sci course is like because, I've been there as a student. :smile:

Lancaster Computer science consits of 4 modules you have to do in first year

One being maths (Fundamentals of computer science): If you like Maths such as transflexio and sets then there is a module on that kind of thing (how maths links to computer science)

Another being IS : There is also an information systems module where you do data and CPU storage and the difference between IT and IS

Software development: This is all your coding!! If you want to learn/like using C, Java and Scratch then this is definitely for you

The final compulsary module for Comp Sci at Lancs is: Digital systems which is v difficult.

Then you have to choose 2 more minors, SCC doesn't recommend doing two extra computer science modules but, if you want to one of them is Design technology which is fab cause you learn HTML, CSS and how to communicate with designers.

But your two minors can be in pretty much any subject offered at the uni (even gender and womens studies... pretty cool right).

I hope this information helps you make your decision a little easier.. if you've got any more questions about this course or if anyone has any questions about Lancaster as a uni/campus then please ask away, I'm happy to help. :smile:
Reply 57
I think Exeter is my 1st choice and lowest offer, but it's just the distance that is holding me back. I've been looking at travel costs for the applicant visit days and it's so expensive :frown:

I also was looking at Exeter but I ended up applying closer to home. But if you do go to Exeter at least you'll probably get better weather than Lancaster. As far as traveling costs are concerned I can't say I even thought about it, I may need to do a price check on these things.
Original post by penguin268693
I know what Lancaster Uni's comp sci course is like because, I've been there as a student. :smile:

Lancaster Computer science consits of 4 modules you have to do in first year

One being maths (Fundamentals of computer science): If you like Maths such as transflexio and sets then there is a module on that kind of thing (how maths links to computer science)

Another being IS : There is also an information systems module where you do data and CPU storage and the difference between IT and IS

Software development: This is all your coding!! If you want to learn/like using C, Java and Scratch then this is definitely for you

The final compulsary module for Comp Sci at Lancs is: Digital systems which is v difficult.

Then you have to choose 2 more minors, SCC doesn't recommend doing two extra computer science modules but, if you want to one of them is Design technology which is fab cause you learn HTML, CSS and how to communicate with designers.

But your two minors can be in pretty much any subject offered at the uni (even gender and womens studies... pretty cool right).

I hope this information helps you make your decision a little easier.. if you've got any more questions about this course or if anyone has any questions about Lancaster as a uni/campus then please ask away, I'm happy to help. :smile:

Aww thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer of AAB for English Literature, Creative writing and Practice- but I've not been to se the uni yet, I'm going to an applicant day and the whole place looks really good. I want to do a year abroad in Canada and the year abroads seem really well organised at Lanc!
My only real issue is that I'm not really sure about the whole fact it's not really a city sort of thing, I've heard from a lot of people it's like a little bubble but I love a good social life, and theatres and good music scene and such? Any thoughts? I haven't been yet so I don't know if what I've heard is true or not haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending