The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster Offer Holders 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Literature.Freak
I got an offer of AAB for English Literature, Creative writing and Practice- but I've not been to se the uni yet, I'm going to an applicant day and the whole place looks really good. I want to do a year abroad in Canada and the year abroads seem really well organised at Lanc!
My only real issue is that I'm not really sure about the whole fact it's not really a city sort of thing, I've heard from a lot of people it's like a little bubble but I love a good social life, and theatres and good music scene and such? Any thoughts? I haven't been yet so I don't know if what I've heard is true or not haha.

Hey congratz on your offer! I've got an offer for that course too :smile: I'm going to an applicant day on the 7th - which day are you going? I saw the uni in the summer and its really nice.. it is quite campus based tho :') but it seems there is still a lot going on there socially..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by Hollywooddreamer
Hey congratz on your offer! I've got an offer for that course too :smile: I'm going to an applicant day on the 7th - which day are you going? I saw the uni in the summer and its really nice.. it is quite campus based tho :') but it seems there is still a lot going on there socially..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww well done!:smile: I'm either going n the 7th or the 14th- not quite sure yet! And yeah it's not really the campusyness haha, like I thought aberystwyth was really nice and campusy :tongue: But I was a bit iffy with Royal Holloway because it had a real boarding school feel so it!
Aww well done!:smile: I'm either going n the 7th or the 14th- not quite sure yet! And yeah it's not really the campusyness haha, like I thought aberystwyth was really nice and campusy :tongue: But I was a bit iffy with Royal Holloway because it had a real boarding school feel so it!

:smile: ah yeah i was considering royal holloway but in the end i didn't apply there! Where else have you applied :P?

Posted from TSR Mobile
:smile: ah yeah i was considering royal holloway but in the end i didn't apply there! Where else have you applied :P?

Posted from TSR Mobile

UEA, Warwick and Aberystwyth :smile: and you?
UEA, Warwick and Aberystwyth :smile: and you?

Uea kent chester and newcastle :smile: where do you think you'll firm? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Uea kent chester and newcastle :smile: where do you think you'll firm? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure yet, it's between Lancaster, UEA and Warwick, and then Aberystwyth will probably be my insurance :u::u: and you?
I'm not sure yet, it's between Lancaster, UEA and Warwick, and then Aberystwyth will probably be my insurance :u::u: and you?

Aw they're good choices :smile: well it was gonna be kent.. but then lancaster offered me an unconditional if i firm (pending the success of my interview in feb) and then last week uea rejected me for creative writing but offered me an unconditional for pure lit.. so that complicated things :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aw they're good choices :smile: well it was gonna be kent.. but then lancaster offered me an unconditional if i firm (pending the success of my interview in feb) and then last week uea rejected me for creative writing but offered me an unconditional for pure lit.. so that complicated things :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, what course did you apply to, and did they tell you you would get an unconditional upon firming right when you received the offer, or was it sometime later? I'm wondering because I'm an international student and I received a ridiculously harsh offer - two Poles I know who are studying at Oxford had lower requirements! I would be pretty bummed if I missed my offer by a couple percent! :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile

UEA did the same for me!!! It's tough decisions :confused: :s-smilie:
UEA did the same for me!!! It's tough decisions :confused: :s-smilie:

Ikr! I don't know what to think of it tbh.. i really want to do creative writing.. but then again the lit course at uea is one of my faves..! Yep very hard decisions - at least we have a while to decide

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spongelk
Hey, what course did you apply to, and did they tell you you would get an unconditional upon firming right when you received the offer, or was it sometime later? I'm wondering because I'm an international student and I received a ridiculously harsh offer - two Poles I know who are studying at Oxford had lower requirements! I would be pretty bummed if I missed my offer by a couple percent! :-(

You know, they'll probably be lenient. Though, I wonder why the offer is so high?

Hey! I applied for english literature and creative writing. They told me a week later that pending the success of an interview (which is in feb) i will get an unconditional if i firm them :smile: oh no :frown: which course did you apply for and what did they offer you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StarvingAutist
You know, they'll probably be lenient. Though, I wonder why the offer is so high?

Might be because our educational system is undergoing an overhaul, though extended physics and maths remain nigh unchanged. They might have just been confused about our A levels equivalent and since there aren't many Poles applying, I wouldn't be surprised if they simply decided carefully comparing your and our exams isn't worth the effort!
I certainly hope it's not because of my interview! It went fairly well and it appeared as if the conditions were picked beforehand, since my interviewer told me what they would be immediately after the last question :yes:
Thanks for the reassuring words, too! I had mock exams throughout the week and I will see how far from the 90% average I am right now :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Might be because our educational system is undergoing an overhaul, though extended physics and maths remain nigh unchanged. They might have just been confused about our A levels equivalent and since there aren't many Poles applying, I wouldn't be surprised if they simply decided carefully comparing your and our exams isn't worth the effort!
I certainly hope it's not because of my interview! It went fairly well and it appeared as if the conditions were picked beforehand, since my interviewer told me what they would be immediately after the last question :yes:
Thanks for the reassuring words, too! I had mock exams throughout the week and I will see how far from the 90% average I am right now :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, they're probably unfamiliar with the system so asked for they highest they thought was reasonable! Good luck with your mock results :smile: when do you find out?
Original post by StarvingAutist
Yeah, they're probably unfamiliar with the system so asked for they highest they thought was reasonable! Good luck with your mock results :smile: when do you find out?

Haha, thank you! It depends on when the teachers finish marking them, and knowing my Physics teacher it might take a while :frown: I checked the mark scheme for maths though and I think I did alright :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, thank you! It depends on when the teachers finish marking them, and knowing my Physics teacher it might take a while :frown: I checked the mark scheme for maths though and I think I did alright :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yes, I understand :tongue: my computing teachers suck at marking the coursework!
Well done, hopefully all your other results match that :smile:
Original post by Gomolon
I've just got an offer from Lancaster to do Politics and International Relations next year :smile:, plus my offer was reduced from AAB to ABB (Dad didn't got to uni when he was 18), and it's my 1st offer & 1st choice uni :biggrin:PS: If there's any other Politics/International Relations offer holders/applicants it'd be great to chat, as I don't know anybody from my Sixth Form who's even applying to Lancaster

I have a Politics & IR offer! My offer is ABB!
Have you all received a letter to book the applicant visit days? I haven't received one yet - how do I book it?
Received an offer for English Literature (Q300) - AAB, and one of those can be General Studies!
Yes! Well done on the offer, by the way! I went through the ILancaster app. If they haven't already then they will send you a password for this (your username is the email you used for ucas.) Alternatively, if you don't have access to this app, I'm pretty sure that you can call them or just email. :smile:

Quick Reply