The Student Room Group

Confused by a girl at work

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'd continue to go for it, sounds like they are just messing with you / playing hard to get. **** this friendzone concept bull****
Original post by Tom78
I'd continue to go for it, sounds like they are just messing with you / playing hard to get. **** this friendzone concept bull****

She doesn't come across as someone who is very experienced with this kinda thing, so I kinda have my doubts about her playing games. She comes across as quite an innocent type who wouldn't really know what to do with guys in these situations. Could be wrong. Either way, I'm gonna have to initiate things.
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
She doesn't come across as someone who is very experienced with this kinda thing, so I kinda have my doubts about her playing games. She comes across as quite an innocent type who wouldn't really know what to do with guys in these situations. Could be wrong. Either way, I'm gonna have to initiate things.

Yeah your options are probably either to initiate things or play it cold for a minute and see how she reacts. This is assuming like you say she does like you and doesn't just have an overtly friendly manner of presenting herself.
Original post by Tom78
Yeah your options are probably either to initiate things or play it cold for a minute and see how she reacts. This is assuming like you say she does like you and doesn't just have an overtly friendly manner of presenting herself.

Thing is she does. So I'm pretty much leaning towards the fact that she's probably not interested, but the physical contact thing still makes me wonder anyway. Unless she's somehow oblivious as to what impression our physical contact gives to me. :confused:
I dont think you are friendzoned, if she holds your hand and gets phusically close to you I think its more likely that the one reference to liking you as a friend was her not wanting to seem too keen in case you didnt like her back and then it would be awkward for her at work. If you like her and want to be with her I'd give it a go. From what you say it sounds more likely than not that she's interested.
If she likes you then she will come to you and give plenty of signs. Never chase, or invade her space. The less she sees you, the more valuable you become to her. In the meantime, keep your eyes open on better girls. Aim to have 3 on the go.
Original post by Hollywood Hogan
If she likes you then she will come to you and give plenty of signs. Never chase, or invade her space. The less she sees you, the more valuable you become to her. In the meantime, keep your eyes open on better girls. Aim to have 3 on the go.

I think this is also a problem for me. I only have this one girl I'm interested in, so too much of my time is consumed thinking about her. Would be better if I had at least some interest in other girls, but I'm really not the type to have multiple girls on the go tbh.
So, a girl started at my workplace 2 months ago. We get along well - really friendly girl, always smiling etc, and as a bonus I find her physically attractive too. I like her, got her number last week and did some brief texting, but just about work related stuff.

We were chatting at work today and she told me how how another colleague was sort of attempting to set us up, saying how "lovely" I am. The girl responded, "as a friend". Ouch. It's a kick in the teeth, I'm friend-zoned, okay fair enough then...

But the confusing part of this is that physically we don't have the body language of two people who are just friends. We hugged, had hold of each others hands on more than one occasion when she said that her hands were cold, got physically close more than once, etc.

Why would she be so responsive to things like that if she just considers us friends? Surely she would just pull away/try to avoid it? She doesn't seem like a very flirty person by nature anyway, so I don't know. Part of me thinks I should just try and move on from this girl, but despite what's been said, I don't want to just give up.

Believe me, just because a girl say's friends doesn't mean you'll be friends forever. When you're talking next, just split in that you've got a ''11 inch penis...around!'' and she's be smitten! Ha!
I think this is also a problem for me. I only have this one girl I'm interested in, so too much of my time is consumed thinking about her. Would be better if I had at least some interest in other girls, but I'm really not the type to have multiple girls on the go tbh.

You need to watch videos by Correy Wayne on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW0xfHL8AQE
Thanks for all the input guys. I've decided to try and pursue things a little longer despite my obvious doubts. I think I'd probably regret it more if I didn't try. Will update in the coming weeks.
Throwing in a final update if anyone is interested. So I've decided to move on as it seems pretty obvious that it's not going to go any further than just a casual friendship between us. Having thought about it, realistically it's difficult for anything else to spark when we work together just 1 day a week, and much of that time we don't get to speak.

I'm okay with things though as I feel my small time crush on her has pretty much subsided. I do find myself still checking out her social media pages a little too often so I figure I'm not completely over it though. :tongue:

Anyway, onwards and upwards.
Reply 31
Throwing in a final update if anyone is interested. So I've decided to move on as it seems pretty obvious that it's not going to go any further than just a casual friendship between us. Having thought about it, realistically it's difficult for anything else to spark when we work together just 1 day a week, and much of that time we don't get to speak.

I'm okay with things though as I feel my small time crush on her has pretty much subsided. I do find myself still checking out her social media pages a little too often so I figure I'm not completely over it though. :tongue:

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Feel for ya bro. Think you're right.

I have a similar situation. Some girls are hard to read, some seem to just like attention and some are genuinely nice people. We hope to meet the latter, but sigh doesn't always happen.

I also check out my crush's fb page, but I think that's fine. If it's meant to be it will happen.
Original post by spatel3
Feel for ya bro. Think you're right.

I have a similar situation. Some girls are hard to read, some seem to just like attention and some are genuinely nice people. We hope to meet the latter, but sigh doesn't always happen.

I also check out my crush's fb page, but I think that's fine. If it's meant to be it will happen.

It's frustrating huh.

She actually text me about an hour after I wrote the update. And she has an annoying habit of texting me first then not actually replying to my response. Either that or just taking forever about it. It's like banging your head on a wall with this girl.
Reply 33
It's frustrating huh.

She actually text me about an hour after I wrote the update. And she has an annoying habit of texting me first then not actually replying to my response. Either that or just taking forever about it. It's like banging your head on a wall with this girl.

Yep. At least she initiates.

Mine I have to text, and then she texts back and asks me a question and then doesn't respond. What's with that?

What do I do?
Maybe she's just a touchy short of friend. As in she feels close enough for you two to touch freely without any misconception about what's happening between you two, especially now that she's actually called you 'friend' to your face. :smile:
Original post by Just Another Girly
Maybe she's just a touchy short of friend. As in she feels close enough for you two to touch freely without any misconception about what's happening between you two, especially now that she's actually called you 'friend' to your face. :smile:

Could be, although this was happening before when we were largely strangers. She wasn't like this with everyone either, so you can obviously see why I might be slightly mislead.

Either way, I'm not going to push this any further. Best to keep things casual.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending