The Student Room Group

Approaching girl in my lectures, could do with advice.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Haha are chemists ugly people?

Haha, no, I think I was being a bit too harsh there. It's just that you get more of 'geeky' girls and guys who aren't that concerned with their looks. There's some really good looking girls on the course too, the one I like probably isn't the best looking there but her hair is perfect (does that sound really creepy?!)
Original post by what is this
Do not under ANY circumstance approach her.

What will happen is that it will boost her ego. She probably gets approached everywhere from the streets to the bus to lectures and to her you're just another desperate guy seeking her attention.

Only approach if you are a good looking man (8 /10 or above), if not then all what you will be used for is a quick ego boost.

Stop boosting the egos of women, you OP, are the reason why average woman think they're beautiful models who only deserve men who look like Brad Pitt.

That's awfully cynical of you 😂 As I said I don't really know if I'm that good looking, I guess my face is pretty symmetrical, decent bone structure and my hair is short and tidy. I was once described as the best looking boy in my year group but I never have any luck with women so I don't know where I stand on the looks front! It could be down to the fact I prefer to keep myself to myself in the evenings, don't care for clubbing etc.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes, though we only went out for a few months. Aesthetic turned out not to be a good judge of potential spouse :redface:

Ah unlucky man, at least you tried so you're a better man than I.
Bump into her by 'accident' and then pick up her stuff and stare at her eyes for like 10mins, then be like omg you're so beautiful.. or sing a Bollywood song. :wink:
Original post by young akhi
Bump into her by 'accident' and then pick up her stuff and stare at her eyes for like 10mins, then be like omg you're so beautiful.. or sing a Bollywood song. :wink:

Yeah, I might try that!:wink: Is Jai Ho by the pussycat dolls Bollywood enough? Cause that's the only one I know
Well is she good looking by most people's standards? Like someone said, assuming you're a first year, just go and sit next to her in your lectures. Ask to borrow a pen or something.
I don't like doing this but I can't think of a better way of doing it; I'd say she's a solid 7.5/10, that's being realistic where no one is a 10 and Cheryl Cole is only a mid 9. She's quite basic but has jet black hair with red highlights and it looks hot asf!
My thinking with just sitting next to her is that as it's such a big lecture hall and theres always somewhere to sit it'll look proper creepy if I just sit next to her without even talked to her before.
Original post by Ecro
Stab her and rape her while she is still warm.

Works every time.

yeah that could turn out to be more trouble than it's worth, but to each his own
Well is she good looking by most people's standards? Like someone said, assuming you're a first year, just go and sit next to her in your lectures. Ask to borrow a pen or something.

I don't like doing this but I can't think of a better way of doing it; I'd say she's a solid 7.5/10, that's being realistic where no one is a 10 and Cheryl Cole is only a mid 9. She's quite basic but has jet black hair with red highlights and it looks hot asf!
My thinking with just sitting next to her is that as it's such a big lecture hall and theres always somewhere to sit it'll look proper creepy if I just sit next to her without even talked to her before.
Haha, no, I think I was being a bit too harsh there. It's just that you get more of 'geeky' girls and guys who aren't that concerned with their looks. There's some really good looking girls on the course too, the one I like probably isn't the best looking there but her hair is perfect (does that sound really creepy?!)

Haha fair enough. Not really, hair is a huge thing for me lmao

Really? Don't all of the seats get filled? This is odd, cos at my uni people sit wherever there's a free seat. No one really cares. Or just sit with her but have a few friends so it doesn't look too stalkery.
Original post by what is this
Do not under ANY circumstance approach her.

What will happen is that it will boost her ego. She probably gets approached everywhere from the streets to the bus to lectures and to her you're just another desperate guy seeking her attention.

Only approach if you are a good looking man (8 /10 or above), if not then all what you will be used for is a quick ego boost.

Stop boosting the egos of women, you OP, are the reason why average woman think they're beautiful models who only deserve men who look like Brad Pitt.

This is nonsense!!! Even good looking women aren't constantly approached and so what???

You will have to approach her! But don't say "you're cute" or whatever. Just say hey i've seen you in my lectures wanna go for a coffee? Or which seminars do you go to etc? Do not mention looks immediately it makes you seem superficial

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32

hair lol
for me, hair is not a massive deal on girls but if it is to you then fair enough
everyone is different and if you do ever talk to her tell her her hair is perfect xD
Yeah, I might try that!:wink: Is Jai Ho by the pussycat dolls Bollywood enough? Cause that's the only one I know

As long as she doesn't understand the words then its fine lol
Really? Don't all of the seats get filled? This is odd, cos at my uni people sit wherever there's a free seat. No one really cares. Or just sit with her but have a few friends so it doesn't look too stalkery.

By the time all the late comers arrive there's not many many left but I'm normally there 10 mins before and there's plenty of seats. I just think it would be tough to purposely sit next to her whilst making it look perfectly innocent.
Original post by TheAnnabelle
This is nonsense!!! Even good looking women aren't constantly approached and so what???

You will have to approach her! But don't say "you're cute" or whatever. Just say hey i've seen you in my lectures wanna go for a coffee? Or which seminars do you go to etc? Do not mention looks immediately it makes you seem superficial

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does that actually work, simply asking someone to go for a coffee? It just sounds a bit cliché and if she says no then it's awkwardddddd
Reply 36
Some of this advice is laughable. It's sad that students don't know how to get laid anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ETRC
hair lol
for me, hair is not a massive deal on girls but if it is to you then fair enough
everyone is different and if you do ever talk to her tell her her hair is perfect xD

Ah man you wanna see it, it's how I like a girls hair, black with red. Haha, hopefully she'd like that.
Original post by james1211
Some of this advice is laughable. It's sad that students don't know how to get laid anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not looking to just get 'laid', there's more to relationships than that.
Reply 39
Ah man you wanna see it, it's how I like a girls hair, black with red. Haha, hopefully she'd like that.

is it like that glossy black with red
cos i'd imagine that would look nice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending