The Student Room Group

A level maths revision

Hi, so I got a D in AS maths, retaking some exams next summer to bring up my grade, but I have A2 mocks the week before we break up for Christmas and I really need help revising Maths! How do you do it? Do you just do practise papers or do you use mymaths or make notes, any help is appreciated! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I use math tutorials like examsolution (this one is good but the guy only provides you with 2 or 3 examples. Hegartymaths is the main one I use then do text book question followed by past papers (EVERY SINGLE ONE THERE BLOODY IS) then move on to Solomon math papers which I have heard are really hard so it would be good. Im currently doing my as that what I plan on doing anyway.
Do questions from past papers on the topic I'm working on in school to make sure I understand. Close to exam time, do every single past paper at least once. Does it work? Well, I got my 3A's in 3 units.
Reply 3
Original post by Project Tsukyomi
I use math tutorials like examsolution (this one is good but the guy only provides you with 2 or 3 examples. Hegartymaths is the main one I use then do text book question followed by past papers (EVERY SINGLE ONE THERE BLOODY IS) then move on to Solomon math papers which I have heard are really hard so it would be good. Im currently doing my as that what I plan on doing anyway.

Agree with you. It's better to focus heavily on past papers and do them over and over again.
Reply 4
Thankyou everyone! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by SophR96
Thankyou everyone! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does your school offer logins for website such as Integral Maths and MyMaths?
Reply 6
Yeah we have mymaths although I don't tend to use it, I prefer actually writing things down opposed to being on a computer to do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by SophR96
Hi, so I got a D in AS maths, retaking some exams next summer to bring up my grade, but I have A2 mocks the week before we break up for Christmas and I really need help revising Maths! How do you do it? Do you just do practise papers or do you use mymaths or make notes, any help is appreciated! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

past papers for breakfast

past papers for lunch

past papers for dinner

and if you still feel hungry between meals do some practice papers
Mymaths was really good for understanding but then it was just past papers after past papers. The application is unique to the exam board and you're only really going to learn those application skills through past papers. However, I wouldn't stress out about it yet because the last thin you want to do is exhaust your supply of past papers

Quick Reply

Latest