The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester University Nursing applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi everyone!
I had an interview on the 5th of November and have just been offered a place to study mental health nursing! If anyone has any questions please just ask.
Good luck!! :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by EThom12
Hi everyone!
I had an interview on the 5th of November and have just been offered a place to study mental health nursing! If anyone has any questions please just ask.
Good luck!! :smile:

Congratulations! How did you find the interview? :smile: and the tests?
Happy for you
Reply 22
Thanks! The interview was fine, they really put you at ease and it's more of a chat and discussion than an interview. The english and maths tests were also nothing to worry about! As long as you have GCSE maths and practice using the SNAP tests you will be absolutely fine :smile:
Reply 23
Congratulations! :smile: just wondering for the interview was it a group activity or did they just ask everybody questions? Also how did you get onto the SNAP test because my link is broken or something, so I'm just using other practice papers and hoping for the best :smile: do you have any tips for preparation apart from just practice and research? Sorry for all the questions haha xx
Reply 24
Original post by ilunn1
Congratulations! :smile: just wondering for the interview was it a group activity or did they just ask everybody questions? Also how did you get onto the SNAP test because my link is broken or something, so I'm just using other practice papers and hoping for the best :smile: do you have any tips for preparation apart from just practice and research? Sorry for all the questions haha xx

That's okay! The interview was a group, so there was 9 applicants and 3 interviewers. In total we were asked 4 questions which everyone was expected to answer and they made sure that everyone had their input. I've heard horror stories of pushy people who wouldn't let anyone else contribute but the interviewers made sure that everyone said everything they wanted to. The questions were very general so things like why you wanted to be a nurse, what would you do in this situation etc. It helps if you are up to date with some current nursing issues as the interview is less about you and your personal statement and more about what you know about nursing and the skills needed.
As for snap, I'm not sure sorry! Try going direct to the SNAP website maybe? The questions weren't difficult and you get a calculator and plenty of time to complete them.
Preparation wise, just be confident! It really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and everyone was so nice and eager to put you at ease. If you are genuinely passionate about nursing and are just really engaged with the interviewers you should be absolutely fine! :smile:
Reply 25
Thank you ever so much! That's really calmed me down, hopefully the nerves won't get to me as much now and I'll be able to get my passion across :smile: Congratulations again and good luck for everywhere else!! :smile: xx
Original post by blondy2012
Good Luck!!!!

Could you let me know how the English exam is, i've applied to university before and when they have had an english exam I have failed it so i'm a little scared about what to expect!

:smile:

Hey! Interview went pretty well I think, but I don't really know if I'll be offered a place :/
anyhow, don't worry about the written test! they're not out to trick you, so long as you have clear sentences and can use full stops, capital letters and can string together an understandable sentence, then don't worry at all!
Original post by jesuis
Hey! Interview went pretty well I think, but I don't really know if I'll be offered a place :/
anyhow, don't worry about the written test! they're not out to trick you, so long as you have clear sentences and can use full stops, capital letters and can string together an understandable sentence, then don't worry at all!

️Thankyou!!! Why don't you think you'll get an offer be positive!!! :-)

Thanks though :')
️Thankyou!!! Why don't you think you'll get an offer be positive!!! :-)

Thanks though :')

I'm just a bit unsure seeing as it's my first interview I suppose! :frown:
I mean I answered every question and contributed in all group discussions, but I feel there were stronger candidates in there. But we'll see how it goes!
Original post by jesuis
I'm just a bit unsure seeing as it's my first interview I suppose! :frown:
I mean I answered every question and contributed in all group discussions, but I feel there were stronger candidates in there. But we'll see how it goes!

You'll be fine I'm sure!!!
You'll be fine I'm sure!!!

I got an offer!
Original post by jesuis
I got an offer!

Well done!! :biggrin: I told you you would! Well done you :smile: :smile:

When did they get back to you? x
Reply 32
How long have people had to wait for offers, I had my interview yesterday at edge hill and wondering how long I will have to wait lol pleaseee
Original post by Lcurtis
How long have people had to wait for offers, I had my interview yesterday at edge hill and wondering how long I will have to wait lol pleaseee

All depends on the universities. Some only make you wait a week or so, some make you wait until everyones been interviewed. Just depends :smile:
Reply 34
Ok thanks :wink:
Reply 35
Original post by jesuis
I got an offer!

Congratulations!! What branch have you applied for? :smile:
Reply 36
Hey guys, had an interview on the 19th and got an offer today for children's nursing! :smile: If anyone has any questions about the interview feel free to ask, good luck everyone xx
Reply 37
Well done :wink: I had mine on the 20th so hope I hear tomoz lol have u been accepted for april next year or September? X
Original post by ilunn1
Hey guys, had an interview on the 19th and got an offer today for children's nursing! :smile: If anyone has any questions about the interview feel free to ask, good luck everyone xx

I also had my interview on the 19th and got offered a place today :-) well done you x
Original post by jesuis
I got an offer!

So did I!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending