The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester University Nursing applicants 2015

Hey guys,
I just wanted to know who else is applying to UoM for nursing and what are your predicted grades? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by quixotic_thinker
Hey guys,
I just wanted to know who else is applying to UoM for nursing and what are your predicted grades? :smile:

Hi I applied a few weeks ago for adult nursing :smile: iv had an acknowledgement off them but no interview yet! im doing an access course so dont really have predicted grades haha
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by bethellenx
Hi I applied a few weeks ago for adult nursing :smile: iv had an acknowledgement off them but no interview yet! im doing an access course so dont really have predicted grades haha

Hellooo :smile: oh you already applied? I wish the best of luck to you!!!

I haven't applied yet, just polishing up my personal statement...
Hey guys,

I have applied to Manchester for Adult and my predicted grades are D*D*D* in BTEC. I also have 3 a-levels and an AS grade too so lets hope!!

Good luck to you !! :smile:
I'm waiting for my ref to send my application to ucas but I'm applying for adult with 32 IB points! Fingers crossed
Original post by blondy2012
I have applied to Manchester for Adult and my predicted grades are D*D*D* in BTEC. I also have 3 a-levels and an AS grade too so lets hope!!

Good luck to you !! :smile:

Wow!! good luck!! My predicted grade is D*D*D* too!!
I am applying to adult and child nursing, :biggrin: I really want to get in Manchester.
Wow!! good luck!! My predicted grade is D*D*D* too!!
I am applying to adult and child nursing, :biggrin: I really want to get in Manchester.

My first choice is Leeds as I'm from Leeds but Manchester is definitely looking good if I'm unsuccessful!!
Just got offered an Interview for the 19th November!!

Was wondering if anybody knew about the maths and english test they do?

Thank you :smile:
Just got offered an Interview for the 19th November!!

Was wondering if anybody knew about the maths and english test they do?

Thank you :smile:

Well done!! How long ago did you apply? I haven't heard back from them yet
Original post by bethellenx
Well done!! How long ago did you apply? I haven't heard back from them yet

Thank you!! I applied Friday 31st October so i'm quite surprised i got an interview so soon!

But remember no news is good news!!!
Hey guys.....

I'm a 3rd year at Brighton (Adult field).... not sure how other universities will interview but I could offer the following advice:

1. Make sure you are up on current affairs in nursing and healthcare generally i.e. Ebola is a MASSIVE topic at the moment, as is antibiotic resistance, infection control, the re-organisation of primary care.... tons of things regarding the NHS as a whole.
2. Be sure to have a solid answer when asked "why do you wish to become a nurse." Saying that you want to help people doesn't really show much about your character, what motivates you, your ambitions etc. My university offer a variety of post-grad courses so emphasize your wish to pursue an evidence-based profession with scope for career advancement.
3. Experience - try and highlight relevant experiences you've had with people i.e. looking after a sick relative, volunteering at a charity, doing a first-aid course. A lot of the time, people experience is a pre-requisite but of course, this doesn't necessarily have to be healthcare related. For example, my friends have been air stewards, learning disability support workers, charity workers etc. Remember nursing is often a second career for many so make sure you highlight your life experience as well.
4. Prepare for the numerical test (GCSE level, fractions, ratios, long multiplication/division) - do not worry about this! It's really not difficult.
5. The English test is really about whether you can form articulate, informative, constructive paragraphs that make sense. Again, very straight forward.

I hope this is comprehensive enough. Do let me know if you need anything else. As I mentioned before, this was my own experience at Brighton though others will probably have a similar process.

Be yourself, give a strong handshake, make eye contact, crack a joke!

Good luck,

Ash
I have an interview on the 12th November! I'm predicted AAAB. Really nervous! Best of luck to everyone xo
Original post by jesuis
I have an interview on the 12th November! I'm predicted AAAB. Really nervous! Best of luck to everyone xo

Good Luck!!!!

Could you let me know how the English exam is, i've applied to university before and when they have had an english exam I have failed it so i'm a little scared about what to expect!

:smile:
Good Luck!!!!

Could you let me know how the English exam is, i've applied to university before and when they have had an english exam I have failed it so i'm a little scared about what to expect!

:smile:

Thank you :biggrin:

I'll be sure to let you know :smile: xo
Original post by jesuis
Thank you :biggrin:

I'll be sure to let you know :smile: xo

Thank you! I wish you the best of luck! x
Reply 15
Hi there!
I had my interview for adult nursing on Wednesday and have just been offered a place to study! Yay!
Original post by Ahench
Hi there!
I had my interview for adult nursing on Wednesday and have just been offered a place to study! Yay!

Wow well done you!! Huge congrats!

What grades have you got/will you end up with? How was the English and Maths? And do they send people home if they fail either of the tests?

Sorry for all the questions, well done again! x
Hey guys! I've already graduated with alevels but i'm currently on a gap year, doing voluntary and paid work, and taking some re-sits to improve my grades further :smile:
Still working on my personal statement so my application hasn't been sent off yet but i'm also wondering about the numeracy and english tests?
Congratulations to those who have already gotten offers or invites to interviews! :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by jesuis

I have an interview on the 12th as well! I'm so so nervous
Original post by ARKing
I have an interview on the 12th as well! I'm so so nervous

good luck! Let us know how it goes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending