The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
dobbs
OK fine to ask this quesion - BUT please don't start asking what you should take! It's bloody DECEMBER!!!!!

There's still another about 10 months to go before you MIGHT go to Durham, and by that time you will have forgotten about what we tell you now. Please wait until the summer when you have your confirmed university to ask what to bring....as it will differ between universities!!

Also, on the topic of linen - do you know that of our residence charge, for the colleges which provide linen - £72 is made up of the whole linen stuff?!?!?!! I wish I had to take my own now because I certainly wouldn't spend bloody £72 a year on washing my linen. I'd probably spend about £5 a year (yes! that's 5 washes a year, I'd be happy with that!) :smile:

Sorry if I offended you mate :frown: Just saw the topic and asked a simple question.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
Bertan
Sorry if I offended you mate :frown: Just saw the topic and asked a simple question.

lol no offence taken - just asking that people don't start asking about what to take, seriously there will be 10 new threads every week during the summer on what to take.....and for some of us oldies having been on TSR for a good while now it's tiring enough having to help you little freshers through the summer.....we need the winter to recover! :wink:
dobbs
So the £72 is going towards the linen provision as well as the cleaning of it. Although it annoys me as I could pay much less, I would feel really bad if cleaners started being made redundant because we brought our own linen instead :redface:

It annoys me that i'm paying the same amount in my college bill as you and getting less. No sheets, no pillow cases, no duvet cover, no nice person washing my sheets for me. I want my £72 back!

Matt
steal them

I would, but they'd only charge me for them, and I brought my own massive snugggly warm duvet instead.

Latest