The Student Room Group

Transfering between univerisities..ADULT NURSING

Hi, i am going to start in March 2015 studying adult nursing. I live in liverpool and im literally 5 minutes walk from the main teaching hospital of Edgehill uni.I have been thinking about this for reasons like , i have a 3 year old and childminder starts at 8am or 7:45am and i can easily drop him and within a minute i will be on my placement but if i have to go to Clatterbridge where i have been placed i would struggle to get there in time :frown: ..anyway My question is
1) Is it possible to transfer from Chester uni to edgehill? if so
2) when is it possible to do so and what do i need to do ,who do i turn to about that?
3) what are the steps to follow, things to worry about etc

4) WISH ME THE BEST :smile:

thank you iin advance ...to whoever who will help:smile:
Original post by platinumempres
Hi, i am going to start in March 2015 studying adult nursing. I live in liverpool and im literally 5 minutes walk from the main teaching hospital of Edgehill uni.I have been thinking about this for reasons like , i have a 3 year old and childminder starts at 8am or 7:45am and i can easily drop him and within a minute i will be on my placement but if i have to go to Clatterbridge where i have been placed i would struggle to get there in time :frown: ..anyway My question is
1) Is it possible to transfer from Chester uni to edgehill? if so
2) when is it possible to do so and what do i need to do ,who do i turn to about that?
3) what are the steps to follow, things to worry about etc

4) WISH ME THE BEST :smile:

thank you iin advance ...to whoever who will help:smile:

You'll have to speak to the individual universities to see if they will accept the modules you've covered at the point you want to move.

Just some other words of advice, a lot of ward shifts start at 0700 or 0730, have a think about how you will arrange childcare as the majority of placements will expect you to come in at those times, otherwise you miss handover which is an important part of your shift. It's difficult with kids, but lots of people manage to get through the course, they tend to rely on friends and family to help plug gaps in childcare.
Original post by moonkatt
You'll have to speak to the individual universities to see if they will accept the modules you've covered at the point you want to move.

Just some other words of advice, a lot of ward shifts start at 0700 or 0730, have a think about how you will arrange childcare as the majority of placements will expect you to come in at those times, otherwise you miss handover which is an important part of your shift. It's difficult with kids, but lots of people manage to get through the course, they tend to rely on friends and family to help plug gaps in childcare.

Thank you so so much and that is indeed a great advice. I will just do that. Much appreciated :smile:
Original post by platinumempres
Thank you so so much and that is indeed a great advice. I will just do that. Much appreciated :smile:

You're welcome. A lot of parents find it incredibly hard, we didn't have our little one until I'd started working as a staff nurse and we struggle with childcare often so I can only imagine how difficult it is as a student. On the flip side of that though, you'll have ninja time management skills :tongue:
Original post by moonkatt
You're welcome. A lot of parents find it incredibly hard, we didn't have our little one until I'd started working as a staff nurse and we struggle with childcare often so I can only imagine how difficult it is as a student. On the flip side of that though, you'll have ninja time management skills :tongue:

Hahahaha ninja time management skills lol I like that ..., I hope I will survive it all :smile:
Ta

Quick Reply

Latest