The Student Room Group

Cambridge Sixth Form Law Conference 2015

Hi there! I recently applied for the conference (about 2 days ago) and was wondering who else did? Also, what college are you thinking of applying to? Hopefully I'm either the first or second from my sixth form to apply for this since I'm ridiculously excited despite it being months away! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi, not quite what you're looking for, I went on the conference this year and really enjoyed it while I was there! I stayed at Jesus college which was really nice but ended up applying to St. Catharine's College. Hope you enjoy it while you're there!
Original post by olliewright97
Hi, not quite what you're looking for, I went on the conference this year and really enjoyed it while I was there! I stayed at Jesus college which was really nice but ended up applying to St. Catharine's College. Hope you enjoy it while you're there!

Thank you for your response! That's fantastic :biggrin: Do you know how many people turned up last year? Also, are you a law applicant now? I applied during late October so I'm not entirely sure whether or not I've got a space. Fingers crossed I did!
Original post by lilacunicorn
Thank you for your response! That's fantastic :biggrin: Do you know how many people turned up last year? Also, are you a law applicant now? I applied during late October so I'm not entirely sure whether or not I've got a space. Fingers crossed I did!

It was a lot, could have been a couple of hundred. I applied for the conference in early September so I don't know how soon it filled up! I have applied for law, got three offers already:smile: good luck, if you get in I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was a lot, could have been a couple of hundred. I applied for the conference in early September so I don't know how soon it filled up! I have applied for law, got three offers already:smile: good luck, if you get in I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! What universities did you apply for? And yes, it'd be quite a shame if I didn't get a place :frown:
Congratulations! What universities did you apply for? And yes, it'd be quite a shame if I didn't get a place :frown:

I applied to Birmingham (AAA offer), Liverpool (ABB offer), Leicester (unconditional offer), Cambridge (rejection), and Oxford Brookes (waiting to hear from them), the conference was really great, I made some good friends there and learned a lot about law!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied to Birmingham (AAA offer), Liverpool (ABB offer), Leicester (unconditional offer), Cambridge (rejection), and Oxford Brookes (waiting to hear from them), the conference was really great, I made some good friends there and learned a lot about law!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They seem like pretty good choices! :smile: Do you know why you got a rejection from Cambridge?
They seem like pretty good choices! :smile: Do you know why you got a rejection from Cambridge?

My GCSE results were mediocre and my AS results weren't much better, at the conference we were told that AS module results were the most important things of all

Posted from TSR Mobile
My GCSE results were mediocre and my AS results weren't much better, at the conference we were told that AS module results were the most important things of all

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see, I'm hoping to apply there - of course depending on my AS grades. Hopefully the conference will give be a better insight as to what it's really like. Thanks :smile:
Reply 9
Hi there! I recently applied for the conference (about 2 days ago) and was wondering who else did? Also, what college are you thinking of applying to? Hopefully I'm either the first or second from my sixth form to apply for this since I'm ridiculously excited despite it being months away! :smile:

Hey there!

I'm studying Law at Downing College and am on the organisational Committee for this year's Conference. I also went on Conf back in 2013!

There doesn't seem to be much chat on here, I guess it's still early days and it seems a long way off, but let's hope that changes!

If anyone has any questions about the Conference, or in fact anything about Law at Cambridge generally, please don't hesitate to ask on here and I'll try and answer them on behalf of all of the committee.

Everyone get keen for what promises to be a great 4 days!!

D
Hey! I'm one of the applicants for the CLC and i'm really keen to know when the emails for those who got a spot is going out. The anticipation is nerve wreckingggg as i recently received an email asking me to confirm my school year. Not sure if that's a good sign or not hahaha
Reply 11
Original post by CantThinkOfOne16
Hey! I'm one of the applicants for the CLC and i'm really keen to know when the emails for those who got a spot is going out. The anticipation is nerve wreckingggg as i recently received an email asking me to confirm my school year. Not sure if that's a good sign or not hahaha

Thanks for your reply.

I will check with the committee member who is dealing with this but I am quite sure that confirmations will be sent out by the end of this month at the very latest. We will update our Facebook page, our Twitter and this thread when confirmations have been sent out, so if you see that update but haven't received anything, please get in touch.

With regards to the email, the Conference is only open to students in Year 12 or equivalent, so this is merely to verify that you are indeed studying in Year 12.
Original post by CSFLC
Hey there!

I'm studying Law at Downing College and am on the organisational Committee for this year's Conference. I also went on Conf back in 2013!

There doesn't seem to be much chat on here, I guess it's still early days and it seems a long way off, but let's hope that changes!

If anyone has any questions about the Conference, or in fact anything about Law at Cambridge generally, please don't hesitate to ask on here and I'll try and answer them on behalf of all of the committee.

Everyone get keen for what promises to be a great 4 days!!

D

When should we expect our responses?
Reply 13
Original post by CSFLC
Thanks for your reply.

I will check with the committee member who is dealing with this but I am quite sure that confirmations will be sent out by the end of this month at the very latest. We will update our Facebook page, our Twitter and this thread when confirmations have been sent out, so if you see that update but haven't received anything, please get in touch...

When should we expect our responses?

See above - by the end of the month at the very latest.
Reply 14
I applied for the conference in October and my school has only just announced it to the rest of my year. Lots of people are now keen to apply. Does that less my chances even though I applied months before?
Reply 15
Original post by Lay_l
I applied for the conference in October and my school has only just announced it to the rest of my year. Lots of people are now keen to apply. Does that less my chances even though I applied months before?

Applications are dealt with on a broadly first come, first serve basis. I would say that at this late stage, anyone who applies now does not have a great chance of securing a place for this Conference ahead of someone who, like you, applied in October. Obviously I can't guarantee you a place, but I hope that this helps.

For your (and their) information, in the interest of fairness we cannot guarantee to allocate more that two delegate places per school. We do however operate a waiting list system which any further applicants from a school will be placed upon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Lay_l

I would however recommend to your school that they announce it at the start of term, since applications open in September!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
The application period for the Conference 2015 is now closed. Applicants should expect to hear from us from the start of next week (January 19th).

Thanks to everyone who has applied!
Reply 18
I've applied to the CLC but not through my school so I won't know anyone there. Do you think going on my own will make the experience much less enjoyable?
Reply 19
Anyone know how the waiting list system works? I applied the first day applications are opened but still someone in my school managed to get ahead of me. I have just received an email earlier on today saying that I'm now on the reserved list; does that basically mean I'm not going to get in?

(ps I'm really interested in the program lot of my seniors have been there and said it's a wonderful experience)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending