The Student Room Group

After the morning after

Been on several dates with someone, and he cooked me dinner last night and we had breakfast together at his place this morning, but he didn't initiate any morning sex, although he did gently kiss me. He said he'd had fun, mentioned a 'next time' and asked what I was doing next week. I feel he wanted me to leave (i.e. lack of morning sex) but can't be sure. Did I outstay my welcome & should I wait for him to text me, or should I be the one to ask him out again? I mentioned I'm going to a party this weekend and am now wondering whether I should ask him to that... :confused: This dating lark confuses me!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
*bump*
Do what you want ffs. You've been on several dates and shagged him so he's clearly into you.
Maybe he didn't think you'd be up for it and didn't want to freak you out?

I'd say go for it and ask him to that party!
Reply 4
Read your own post back to yourself... there is your answer.
why didn't you initiate it?
Reply 6
Sounds fine with what you describe. Don't worry and invite him to party.
Original post by Awesome-o
Do what you want ffs. You've been on several dates and shagged him so he's clearly into you.

What i would say exactly

Posted from TSR Mobile
My boyfriend is usually not very amorous in the mornings, so I wouldn't be worried at all; even if your guy did want more sex, like another poster said, he probably didn't want to scare you off by seeming very demanding, or similar.

Invite him to the party :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by LolaLowe
why didn't you initiate it?

A good question. I suppose I thought if he wanted it he would initiate it, and I was cautious about overstaying my welcome in his flat. I realise now I should just have initiated it, and think maybe he was trying to when he started kissing me. Oh dear.

Thank you all v. much for your responses and your reassurance. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
A good question. I suppose I thought if he wanted it he would initiate it, and I was cautious about overstaying my welcome in his flat. I realise now I should just have initiated it, and think maybe he was trying to when he started kissing me. Oh dear.

Thank you all v. much for your responses and your reassurance. :smile:

So are you going to ask him to the party?
I dunno about other people but I feel like **** in the morning. Bad breath, hair sticking up everywhere, eyes can barely open. I wouldn't dream of pressuring anybody into having sex with THAT, maybe he just felt like I do!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by C_tinie_D
So are you going to ask him to the party?

Yes, I am! I'm going to try and wait the standard 24 hours before last contact and then text him (i.e. in a couple of hours). Eeek! I think I've been overthinking this, and probably looking for problems where there are none. :tongue:
Original post by Wahrheit
I dunno about other people but I feel like sh** in the morning. Bad breath, hair sticking up everywhere, eyes can barely open. I wouldn't dream of pressuring anybody into having sex with THAT, maybe he just felt like I do!!

Haha, ditto! Morning is not a sexy time. Memory is a bit hazy but I think I may have declined his offer to join him in the shower. Woops.
Yes, I am! I'm going to try and wait the standard 24 hours before last contact and then text him (i.e. in a couple of hours). Eeek! I think I've been overthinking this, and probably looking for problems where there are none. :tongue:

Ye you most likely was, the dating game is hard haha all these unwritten rules. Remember he may not text back straight away to make you think he is busy.
Good luck! Let us know how it goes :smile:
Been on several dates with someone, and he cooked me dinner last night and we had breakfast together at his place this morning, but he didn't initiate any morning sex, although he did gently kiss me. He said he'd had fun, mentioned a 'next time' and asked what I was doing next week. I feel he wanted me to leave (i.e. lack of morning sex) but can't be sure. Did I outstay my welcome & should I wait for him to text me, or should I be the one to ask him out again? I mentioned I'm going to a party this weekend and am now wondering whether I should ask him to that... :confused: This dating lark confuses me!

Not to ruin your Monday morning but he may of already 'had his fill'?
Original post by Lee R
Not to ruin your Monday morning but he may of already 'had his fill'?

Hmm. He doesn't give me the impression (based on previous words & actions) that that's all he's after...
Hmm. He doesn't give me the impression (based on previous words & actions) that that's all he's after...

Then he probably was just being a gentleman and wanted to make you breakfast. He's a keeper!
Ye you most likely was, the dating game is hard haha all these unwritten rules. Remember he may not text back straight away to make you think he is busy.

It is SO hard. Exactly - so many unwritten rules and I think everyone gives more thought to how to play the dating game than they used to. And someone can just lose interest at any moment for no apparent reason which makes it all seem so much more delicate.

It is SO hard. Exactly - so many unwritten rules and I think everyone gives more thought to how to play the dating game than they used to. And someone can just lose interest at any moment for no apparent reason which makes it all seem so much more delicate.

Girls, you think too much into things! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending