The Student Room Group

Fine Art 2015 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by meganabcdefg
Anyone heard from Chelsea yet? 😬

Nope, the suspense is killing me 😣 anyone know when they might be ready to send out emails? I'm becoming so impatient! 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey

I've applied for Fine Art at Kingston, Falmouth, Westminster(mixed media fine art), UCA Canterbury and UCA Farnham.
Has anyone had an interview at Falmouth yet? :s-smilie:
Original post by Ellpaigee
Hey

I've applied for Fine Art at Kingston, Falmouth, Westminster(mixed media fine art), UCA Canterbury and UCA Farnham.

I've applied to UCA Canterbury too! How are you doing with UCA?
Original post by nukerinda
I've applied to UCA Canterbury too! How are you doing with UCA?

I have an interview for Farnham in February and one for Canterbury in March. How about you!?
I have an interview for Farnham in February and one for Canterbury in March. How about you!?

I've got a conditional offer for UCA Canterbury. I didn't have any interview with them. Good luck with your interview! : )
Reply 65
Original post by C_robinson
Hi all, I'm applying for fine art too! I've applied to reading, goldsmiths, bath, coventry and northampton. I've heard back from all of my choices about interviews apart from reading (which is my number 1 choice) anyone know how long they generally take to reply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reading generally reply pretty quickly. I sent off my UCAS just before Christmas and had my interview there yesterday.
Good luck!
Reply 66
Hey

I haven't had my interview yet but it's scheduled for March 5th. First of all they ask to see an online portfolio of you work, and based on that they'll decide whether they want to interview you or not.
Original post by nukerinda
I've got a conditional offer for UCA Canterbury. I didn't have any interview with them. Good luck with your interview! : )

Oh wow well done! When did you apply? I applied quite late on so was a bit worried. :s-smilie:
Original post by gingex
I haven't had my interview yet but it's scheduled for March 5th. First of all they ask to see an online portfolio of you work, and based on that they'll decide whether they want to interview you or not.

I sent my online off a couple of days ago and they've asked me for proof of my A-Levels which I sent off today so fingers crossed. Good luck for your interview! :smile:
Oh wow well done! When did you apply? I applied quite late on so was a bit worried. :s-smilie:

I sent them my online portfolio since december so it was quite a long time a go haha. Best of luck to you!
Original post by gingex
Reading generally reply pretty quickly. I sent off my UCAS just before Christmas and had my interview there yesterday.
Good luck!

thankyou! Was just panicking cause Its my top choice, I've got my interview in a couple weeks time, fingers crossed😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope Chelsea send out emails soon! Has anyone heard?! I saw on a thread from last year that one person still hadn't heard anything in late March (about whether they got an interview or not) - crazy :smile:
I hope Chelsea send out emails soon! Has anyone heard?! I saw on a thread from last year that one person still hadn't heard anything in late March (about whether they got an interview or not) - crazy :smile:

I haven't heard anything... Starting to worry but is it just down to the volume of applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnnieLS
I haven't heard anything... Starting to worry but is it just down to the volume of applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeahhhh I suppose it must be! I know that they start interviewing at the beginning of March so surely we should hear within the next couple of weeks! Fingers crossed! Is it your top choice?
Reply 74
We had the invites to Falmouth (the two of us) today. Nothing from Chelsea.
It's far too soon to start worrying. Until comparatively recently art schools used to have a 24th March application deadline (one or two still do) and a different method of applying which extended well into April. In part this was a recognition of the fact that the majority of applicants do an art foundation course and would have only started to build their portfolio quite late in the process, once they had decided on their chosen pathway. Many of the schools still kind of operate to this timetable a bit, despite now having the earlier deadline. When you consider the fact that pretty much alone of the degree subjects, art applicants all have to be seen, as grades aren't the deciding factor in the selection process, you can see how it is that the process takes ages. I've lost count of the number of times I have posted this fact, but it is always relevant - my son got his offer from ECA on May 7th.
Reply 76
Yep, seen that many times :smile:
Yeahhhh I suppose it must be! I know that they start interviewing at the beginning of March so surely we should hear within the next couple of weeks! Fingers crossed! Is it your top choice?

It's one of my top choices, but I haven't done a foundation course so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much! I have done all 3 art based a-levels... Not sure it's enough though!
What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It's far too soon to start worrying. Until comparatively recently art schools used to have a 24th March application deadline (one or two still do) and a different method of applying which extended well into April. In part this was a recognition of the fact that the majority of applicants do an art foundation course and would have only started to build their portfolio quite late in the process, once they had decided on their chosen pathway. Many of the schools still kind of operate to this timetable a bit, despite now having the earlier deadline. When you consider the fact that pretty much alone of the degree subjects, art applicants all have to be seen, as grades aren't the deciding factor in the selection process, you can see how it is that the process takes ages. I've lost count of the number of times I have posted this fact, but it is always relevant - my son got his offer from ECA on May 7th.

Thank you - that makes sense! :smile:

I am not talking about offers though - just interviews! And considering I know, from the open day at Chelsea, when the interviews will be - from the 2nd-13th of March, it's obviously a nerve wracking time waiting to find out! However, I'm not too worried just yet as that is still a month away.

Definitely is a long process!
Original post by AnnieLS
It's one of my top choices, but I haven't done a foundation course so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much! I have done all 3 art based a-levels... Not sure it's enough though!
What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! :smile: What A-Levels are you doing?

And yeah it is one of my top choices too! I'm currently doing a foundation at Oxford Brookes! Have you applied to foundations as well?

Quick Reply

Latest