The Student Room Group

Debating whether to study Computer Science

Hello, I am currently in college studying a non Computer Science/Maths course Btec, I am very interested in studying Computer Science in Swansea University, Since my course does not have the right subjects I would be doing the Foundation year. My questions are

How difficult is this course in whole

How much knowledge would be needed prior to starting course (I do plan on teaching myself required subjects)

How much work is required

Thanks for your time in advance
Original post by Wyn212
Hello, I am currently in college studying a non Computer Science/Maths course Btec, I am very interested in studying Computer Science in Swansea University, Since my course does not have the right subjects I would be doing the Foundation year. My questions are

How difficult is this course in whole

How much knowledge would be needed prior to starting course (I do plan on teaching myself required subjects)

How much work is required

Thanks for your time in advance

Hello, the Computer Science foundation year will help to prepare you for the BSc by teaching you the key scientific, mathematical and engineering concepts needed for the Computer Science degree. As with all of our degrees, you will not be expected to know everything at the foundation year stage. This year will help to prepare you for the rest of your degree. Do you have any other questions about the course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending