The Student Room Group

Cadets Enrollment?

Any one part of any type of type of cadets and can tell me what happens on enrollment? My enrollment evening for air cadets is soon and i don't know what to expect?
Reply 1
Original post by livvjean
Any one part of any type of type of cadets and can tell me what happens on enrollment? My enrollment evening for air cadets is soon and i don't know what to expect?

I'm a lance corporal in the army cadets. Ask away
Reply 2
Well i haven't enrolled yet and i'm wondering what the enrollment evening will consist of and if i will have to display basic drill during it?
Reply 3

I'm a Leading Cadet (it's the one above Cadet Sergeant in our system) with St John Ambulance Cadets and the general process of enrollment at my unit (every unit does it slightly differently) usually involves marching to the church and then the entry of the Colours. We have a few hymns, including the Order of St John Hymn, and a reading. The enrolling officer then asks each cadet being enrolled to make a promise of loyalty to the Order. All uniformed members then stand and recite the Code of Chivalry and then refreshments back in our unit HQ.

My guess would be drill would be required (it is for ours), so if there's anything I can help with just ask, but I'd ask an NCO in your squadron if you're worried on the night.

Good luck!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Well i haven't enrolled yet and i'm wondering what the enrollment evening will consist of and if i will have to display basic drill during it?

Yes you would have to do basic drill, and they'll probably make a fancy ceremony out of it. The best person to ask would be a lance corporal in your detachment because they do it different everywhere - I never had one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

It's not difficult, it lasts at most a couple of minutes and you will be well briefed beforehand. Don't worry about it.

And, if you are worried about it, ask one of your cdt ncos. They will explain it all. It's not a big deal at all, everyone does it.

Quick Reply

Latest