The Student Room Group

I know I'm going to be alone after I graduate - help

I'm Chinese and I don't think I'll find someone - especially at my uni. My uni doesn't have much Asians and I feel left out because I really want to connect with my ethnicity and have group of friends with the same ethnicity since I haven't got friends with same ethnicity from my previous school.

I know it sounds pathetic... but when I'm with people who has the same ethnicity as me, I feel more comfortable because they can relate, in terms of culture, interests...etc.

After I graduate, I don't think I'll find someone :frown:. What can I do? does it mean I have to go on dating websites? :frown: I don't particularly want to since full of paedos and weirdos.

Sometimes I want to change uni where there's Asian societies :frown:. I know it sounds racist >< but I never had Asian friends :frown:. I want to keep in touch with my culture :frown:.

Thinking about it makes me so depressed :frown: I'm 22 and I'm not getting younger. I wish I can redo my life and start a new :frown:.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm Chinese and I don't think I'll find someone - especially at my uni. My uni doesn't have much Asians and I feel left out because I really want to connect with my ethnicity and have group of friends with the same ethnicity since I haven't got friends with same ethnicity from my previous school.

I know it sounds pathetic... but when I'm with people who has the same ethnicity as me, I feel more comfortable because they can relate, in terms of culture, interests...etc.

After I graduate, I don't think I'll find someone :frown:. What can I do? does it mean I have to go on dating websites? :frown: I don't particularly want to since full of paedos and weirdos.

Sometimes I want to change uni where there's Asian societies :frown:. I know it sounds racist >< but I never had Asian friends :frown:. I want to keep in touch with my culture :frown:.

Thinking about it makes me so depressed :frown: I'm 22 and I'm not getting younger. I wish I can redo my life and start a new :frown:.

Haha chill dude. I'm Asian too, and am lucky to have found such great asian friends. Something that may be worth doing is joining a society (Indians have loads, like Odisha society of UK, Tamil, dehli, etc.) and I'm sure you'll be bound to find people you like. There is bound to be a chinese society of the UK too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest