The Student Room Group

Nutrition and Dietetics applicants for 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Gabickg
Thank you for the answers :smile: I sent mine on the 18th so almost two weeks ago. Did you get an email or letter on post?

I got an email from them at 3am!! I hope you hear from them soon!
Reply 21
Original post by jg21
I got an email from them at 3am!! I hope you hear from them soon!

Thank you :smile: i will be checking even more frequently now. Good luck on your interview
Hey everyone,
I've just received an interview for Plymouth University later this month, I was wondering if anyone's also going for an interview there :smile:
I've also applied to Hertfordshire, Robert Gordon, Glasgow Caledonian and Ulster (I'm a northern Irish girl :smile:) has anyone heard back from any of these unis? (Apart from ulster, gotta do the HPAT first)
Reply 23
I have an interview at Plymouth on the 17th!
(edited 9 years ago)
I have an interview on the 17th as well! Well done everyone who has one that day, one step closer!! :biggrin:
Look forward to seeing you both there :smile: I was worried about not getting an interview so it's a great relief :smile:
Do you have any idea what to expect for this interview? Do you think it will be the standard 'why do you wanna do dietetics?' Or do you reckon they'll throw in anything obscure?
I'll be the only guy there, that's what happened at surrey! Haha!! I have no idea, at Surrey it was a new system so generic questions 'why do you want do the course, what relevant experience do you have etc' but I don't know about Plymouth :/
How did your Surrey interview go? :smile:
this is my first interview so I'm just hoping for the best, and hoping they don't grill me about my less than pleasing grade in AS chemistry :P
I think Surrey went quite well actually, that was my first and everything was really relaxed! Oh god they asked me about that, I got BCC (economics biology and Chem) and the interview was said, tell me about your AS grades, they weren't as high as you hoped, and I was like yeeeaaahh about that :colondollar: hahaha
I ended up with BBBD (biology, maths, religious studies and the D in chemistry :'(), I think it was due to low confidence really, being stuck in a class with potential doctors who complained about anything below 90% :P
Well just be honest and explain im sure the person will understand! I don't know what happened with me I just under performed in all my exams to be honest :') oh well!
I'm just glad resits are a thing :P
and I'm just looking on the bright side, at least I didn't get rejected right away :smile:
Where else have you applied to?
Original post by Idrees_anwar
My notts one came in the post, but Surrey was on their applicant portal and email, wasn't on ucas though

Congrats on your interview! :biggrin: I have applied to Notts too, like yesterday, and was wondering about the questionnaire. Are the questions hard? I haven't seen anyone on this board talking about the questionnaire, so I would love to hear more (if you're not sworn to secrecy by the uni)! :smile:
Original post by VanessaGeorgina
I'm just glad resits are a thing :P
and I'm just looking on the bright side, at least I didn't get rejected right away :smile:
Where else have you applied to?

I have applied to Surrey, Notts, Plymouth, Glasgow Caledonian and Leeds Beckett (formerly metropolitan)
What about you?
Original post by Harry Potter's sidekick
Congrats on your interview! :biggrin: I have applied to Notts too, like yesterday, and was wondering about the questionnaire. Are the questions hard? I haven't seen anyone on this board talking about the questionnaire, so I would love to hear more (if you're not sworn to secrecy by the uni)! :smile:

Ummmm what questionnaire...? Hahaha I'm so confused
Reply 35
hiii im applying for dietetics in leeds beckett and am finding it really hard to get any work experience, i live in bradford and they our hospitals only take volunteers twice a year for 6 months! any advice plzzz, also my chemistry grade is really bad(E) and they want a B, i cant retake it now cuz im working as a teacher full time and need to retake my biology a level (C) to make it better any advice plzzz
Ulster, Plymouth, Glasgow caledonian, Hertfordshire and Robert Gordon Aberdeen :smile:
Original post by Idrees_anwar
Ummmm what questionnaire...? Hahaha I'm so confused

The pdf on the Notts site says for MNutr they use a questionnaire to determine who they will invite for interview. Did you not do a questionnaire?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Harry Potter's sidekick
The pdf on the Notts site says for MNutr they use a questionnaire to determine who they will invite for interview. Did you not do a questionnaire?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where on the PDF does it say that, I'm quite worried now because I just applied via ucas and they sent me a letter in the post, inviting me for an interview on the 28th of January, I haven't filled in a questionnaire or anything? :/ have you done a questionnaire?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 39
I dont know well because i am still wainting (and praying) to get an invite. I searched a lot regarding this questionarie, it seems it is something notts used to send until 2012 to potential candidates and depending on its results they would or not call for an interview. For what i understood now this questionarie is done in the morning of the interview day and depending on it you go to more interviews in the afternoon.
As i said that is my interpretation but if you received and invite i wouldnt worry. Just enjoy it! Notts is my first choice hope all goes well in your interview :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending