The Student Room Group

Nutrition and Dietetics applicants for 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Golde
Hi guys does anyone know the likeliness of the unis accepting you for dietetics if you don't get the grades? As it is a competitive course does it mean you're more likely to be rejected if you don't reach predicted grades?

Ps Im trying to chose my firm and insurance!

This probably doesn't help your cause, but I think it varies from uni to uni. Nottingham told me there were always possibilities, whereas I got the impression from some others that there was no flexibility. I think some courses oversubscribe and thus rarely go into clearing.
Anyone else firmed Hertfordshire uni?! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jg21
Has anyone firmed and insured yet? I've firmed Surrey and insured Nottingham! Any Surrey firmers let me know as we might be seeing each other in September :biggrin:

I have also firmed surrey!:smile:
Reply 383
Hello all,
I'm on an Access to Science course and applied to Cardiff, Kings and London Met. I received all my offers within a week and am going to firm Cardiff with London Met as insurance.
Cardiff and Kings asked for all distinctions in Bio and Chem and Merits in Psychology whereas Met only want 75% distinctions in 1 science (how can their entry requirements be so different and low!!).
Really loved Kings and would love, love to go there but I've got kids and it means uprooting them whereas I can commute to Cardiff.
Someone on my course asked Cardiff and Plymouth if there is any flexibility on grades as they got a merit instead of a distinction in 1 biology module and were told that it might be okay but they would have to wait until all the grades are out on A' Level results day before they can confirm.
Looking forward to seeing Cardiff people in September :smile:
Original post by Harry Potter's sidekick
Anyone else firmed Hertfordshire uni?! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was their interview like? I've got one next Tuesday (late, I know!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Megamoo

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know this question wasn't directed for me, but I had my interview in Hertfordshire in January :smile:
It starts with a English and maths test ... Pretty basic stuff, so nothing to worry about. Then there's a group interview followed by an individual. As long as you know why you want to be a Dietitian and what qualities make a good Dietitian, you should be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Megamoo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow they are still doing interviews? Yeah, I agree with the above comment. It was pretty chilled. The people were really nice! Just remember that the lecturers/interviewers want you to do well as much as you want to. So don't feel too worried/nervous. Maybe brush up on long division and know your stuff about the role of a dietitian, and you'll be fine :smile: Also try to make your voice heard (even once) during the group interview. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I've just firmed Surrey and made Nottingham my insurance 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jg21
Surrey firmers, what accommodation are you putting down?

Band D is my first choice :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firmed Nottingham with Herts as insurance. Can't wait!
Original post by cleanslate
Firmed Nottingham with Herts as insurance. Can't wait!

Nice!! We finally both made our decisions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Harry Potter's sidekick
Nice!! We finally both made our decisions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It took me a while!
Original post by cleanslate
It took me a while!

I think I always had my eye on Herts, but getting an offer from Nottingham threw a small spanner in the works because where there is an option there's just so much opportunity for indecision. Too much comparing I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got into Coventry Dietetics, anyone else hit me up! :tongue:
Hi guys,
I am intending to apply to dietetics next year, but have a Canadian qualification instead. I'm actually currently studying Nutrition in Austria, but will have trouble with the credit transfer later on, so I thought that applying for a bachelor's degree would increase my chances. According to the King's Website, my 85% average with all sciences included with As are equivalent to an AAB/ABB in A levels. I'm mostly really worried that most universities won't accept my qualification and will penalise me for having already started uni. I've applied for a shadowing program and have numerous voluntary experiences though. I'm also a little worried that being an EU citizen, it would be more difficult to get into rather than the UK due to the NHS funding.

Any opinions on this? Will be grateful for any replies. Thanks!
Does anyone know how flexible kings are if you missed the results slightly i.e. got ABB instead of AAB??
Hey, did anyone do the ocr chemistry paper today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by megandoyle97
Hey, did anyone do the ocr chemistry paper today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

F324? Yes, it was horrible!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Megamoo
F324? Yes, it was horrible!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know I can't stop crying because I know I've failed :/ I need a B in chem to get into surrey dietetics so I don't know what to do. Hopefully grade boundaries will be low!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by megandoyle97
I know I can't stop crying because I know I've failed :/ I need a B in chem to get into surrey dietetics so I don't know what to do. Hopefully grade boundaries will be low!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think pretty much everyone at my college found it hard so I'm guessing it will be the same all over the country which hopefully means low grade boundaries! Pretty sure I got like a U :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending