Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Astro for all?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Reply 3
Lectures start at five past the hour and finish at five to (in theory, at least) to give you time to get between lectures rooms.
i don't know if they'll like you doing a science module. I'm doing history and i wanted to take a chemistry module, and even though i did it for A level, they said it wasn't compatible and i should take an Arts one (even though there were no clashes). Grrrrrrrr.
victoria1988
i don't know if they'll like you doing a science module. I'm doing history and i wanted to take a chemistry module, and even though i did it for A level, they said it wasn't compatible and i should take an Arts one (even though there were no clashes). Grrrrrrrr.

I've never heard of that happening before. if you have a free choice module, then that is what it is, free choice. If you want to do 'bog-wading in the community' with classics modules for example, they wouldn't stop you. I suggest you ignore them for the meantime and when you get to Durham ask your academic tutor if you are allowed to do a chemistry module. they will say yes, technically you are but you might want to do something a bit more relevant to your degree, and that will be the end of the matter.
Reply 6
victoria1988

The only valid reasons for them to do that is if

a) It's a double module and even though there are no clashes you are studying too many credits

b) You don't have the pre-requisites (unlikely if you did it for A level)

c) You can't make the co-requisites, i.e. modules you must take alongside.

d) The module is restricted to Chemists only
Reply 7
Isn't there a big strain on Chrmistry at Durham? I think unlike any other subjects Nat Sci students must say they want to study Chemistry modules when applying.
Reply 8
Yeah I think it's to do with lab space.

Latest

Trending

Trending