The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sophia-1996
From 7th September. That's what the email (that I received a while go) stated. I don't know if it will be a letter or email (probably a letter)

Posted from TSR Mobile

It'll be an email.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by jrs971
It'll be an email.

Oh okay! I know what to expect then. Thanks for letting me know! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody going to the freshers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I think all we have to do right away (or have already done preferably) is the photo submission. We will get an enrolment maybe in a week or something.. That is the next step but not yet.
No we will hear from the 7th about accommodation :smile:
(We were all confused for some time. All my friends going to other universities didn't have this kind of confusion :P)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah! Most of my friends have already got their accommodations confirmed!

I heard that if your course starts on 5th Oct then we can come to Warwick on 3rd Oct. But most other unis allows their students to come at least a week before!

That is kinda annoying!
Original post by ShafTJB
How do I submit a photo without an account? Or how do I make an account? It's a bit confusing, whenever I put in my ID and DOB, it says it hasn't been recognised so I don't know how to submit a photo!

When you put your DOB did you do like DD/MM/YY?

Because, if so, you're suppose to do it as DD/MM/YYYY

That's the only thing that I can assume that went wrong
(edited 8 years ago)
Is anyone planning on getting an NUS Extra card? I don't know if they're worth it
I'm being somewhat paranoid about the photo ID upload. Does anyone know if it should be passport style i.e. plain background, looking directly at camera, blank expression, or does it not really matter? I can't see any guidelines.

edit: Nevermind I've spotted some..
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I'm being somewhat paranoid about the photo ID upload. Does anyone know if it should be passport style i.e. plain background, looking directly at camera, blank expression, or does it not really matter? I can't see any guidelines.

edit: Nevermind I've spotted some..

Ha yh I did that too! I didn't spot the guidelines until after I uploaded the type ID picture. But I corrected it afterwards.
Original post by Disney0702
Is anyone planning on getting an NUS Extra card? I don't know if they're worth it

I was thinking about that too. However, we will have our university cards and I think that would help us get student discounts anyway right? Or do we need that specific card to get them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah! Most of my friends have already got their accommodations confirmed!

I heard that if your course starts on 5th Oct then we can come to Warwick on 3rd Oct. But most other unis allows their students to come at least a week before!

That is kinda annoying!

Yeah same here!
Yeah I've been told to come on the 3rd (surname begging with A-M) which gives me 2 days to get settled in and prepare before the term starts which seems a little daunting to be honest...
I guess its treated differently and in a 'delayed' kind of way partly due to them starting quite late in comparison to other universities. Still daunting though :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shaf6565
Anybody going to the freshers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean the Freshers Fortnight events or the Freshers welcome party/ball/whatever?
Apart from the fairs, I've only found 4-5 things that I'd like to go to over those two weeks. Not much of a clubbing/rave person to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was thinking about that too. However, we will have our university cards and I think that would help us get student discounts anyway right? Or do we need that specific card to get them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I believe our student ID cards will get us discounts in most of the places we need.

I was just curious about the NUS Extra card because I hear some people have them and I wanted to know if there was an extra benefit. After hearing what other people have said I think its only really worth getting if you do A LOT of online shopping, which I don't so I'm not gonna get it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah same here!
Yeah I've been told to come on the 3rd (surname begging with A-M) which gives me 2 days to get settled in and prepare before the term starts which seems a little daunting to be honest...
I guess its treated differently and in a 'delayed' kind of way partly due to them starting quite late in comparison to other universities. Still daunting though :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you hear about coming on the 3rd, did they said you an email?

I called them yesterday asking about accommodation and the lady said they expect people to arrive on 3rd Oct.

To be honest I don't think 2 days will be enough time for me to settle down.

The lady also said that Freshers Week will happen over the first two weeks of our courses which again is kind of weird because I hear other unis do it before course starts!
No I believe our student ID cards will get us discounts in most of the places we need.

I was just curious about the NUS Extra card because I hear some people have them and I wanted to know if there was an extra benefit. After hearing what other people have said I think its only really worth getting if you do A LOT of online shopping, which I don't so I'm not gonna get it.

Yeah makes sense. I don't do much online shopping either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you hear about coming on the 3rd, did they said you an email?

I called them yesterday asking about accommodation and the lady said they expect people to arrive on 3rd Oct.

To be honest I don't think 2 days will be enough time for me to settle down.

The lady also said that Freshers Week will happen over the first two weeks of our courses which again is kind of weird because I hear other unis do it before course starts!

In the Welcome booklet it advises that half arrive on one day (A-M) and the other half (N-Z) on the other day. However, I hear most people are coming on the 3rd anyway haha, it's much better :smile:
Yeah will be hectic! Don't worry, we will all be in the same boat (cliche time) and we will help each other out :smile: (I'd be prepared to lend a hand to anyone feeling overwhelmed or stressed anyway)

Really? I wasn't even aware that other freshers weeks are before the course. Wow... I'd much prefer that but we can't change it I guess :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the Welcome booklet it advises that half arrive on one day (A-M) and the other half (N-Z) on the other day. However, I hear most people are coming on the 3rd anyway haha, it's much better :smile:
Yeah will be hectic! Don't worry, we will all be in the same boat (cliche time) and we will help each other out :smile: (I'd be prepared to lend a hand to anyone feeling overwhelmed or stressed anyway)

Really? I wasn't even aware that other freshers weeks are before the course. Wow... I'd much prefer that but we can't change it I guess :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome booklet? Did you receive through the post? Gosh I'm so disorganised, I need to look for that!

By the way, which course are you doing?

Not worth it. Unless you do tonnes of online shopping which you'll have to do a fair bit to save back the money you spent on the card.

In response to other universities doing it differently, the vast majority have freshers week in the last week of September. We don't get a freshers week before course starts, but to make up for it we get 2 weeks of freshers. If that makes sense?
Welcome booklet? Did you receive through the post? Gosh I'm so disorganised, I need to look for that!

By the way, which course are you doing?

Yeah! But it's also on the 'Welcome' website too somewhere, I think...
Haha doesn't matter much. If you need as much time as possible then I'd advise to look at the time frame in which you arrive at Warwick (on the 3rd) (booklet) and arrive early on.
BA Classical Civilisation! :smile: You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone enrolled yet? As I'm still waiting for the email to say that my enrollment is open and I'm just wondering if its just me still waiting and all
Original post by Scottt97
Has anyone enrolled yet? As I'm still waiting for the email to say that my enrollment is open and I'm just wondering if its just me still waiting and all

No we all are waiting. I think tell us to enrol around 3 weeks before our course's start date so not yet.
As you long as you have submitted your photo already (if not, do it NOW😝) then that's it for now! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest