The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Anyone applied/applying for Health and Human Sciences (BSc) Anthropology department?

Hey guys!

So I'm going to apply soon for Health and Human sciences at Durham and I've got loads of questions!

If you are applying, do you know what you want to do career/study/education (etc etc) wise afterwards?

Also, if you don't mind answering, what subjects have you taken at AS/A2 and what grades have you got?
What grades have you been predicted? Have any of you got offers back?

It would even be helpful for anyone already studying this course to tell me what grades you got to get in and what subjects you took.

Thanks in advance and good luck! :smile:

(For anyone wondering, I'm predicted AAA but in subjects unrelated to science and I'm uncertain as to whether I will get in due to my subject choices being mainly Arts/Humanities)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by krrrrr10
Hey guys!

So I'm going to apply soon for Health and Human sciences at Durham and I've got loads of questions!

If you are applying, do you know what you want to do career/study/education (etc etc) wise afterwards?

Also, if you don't mind answering, what subjects have you taken at AS/A2 and what grades have you got?
What grades have you been predicted? Have any of you got offers back?

It would even be helpful for anyone already studying this course to tell me what grades you got to get in and what subjects you took.

Thanks in advance and good luck! :smile:

(For anyone wondering, I'm predicted AAA but in subjects unrelated to science and I'm uncertain as to whether I will get in due to my subject choices being mainly Arts/Humanities)

Hi! I've applied for this course at Durham (waiting on decision).
Not entirely sure what I want to do after, but think it'll be to do with NGO/UN global aid work hopefully.
I got AAAA as AS, and am studying Geography, Biology and English lit at A2 (dropped sociology). I'm predicted A*A*A* (lol pretty unreealistic but I'm applying for Camrbidge so my school wanted to help my chances).
I submitted UCAS a couple of weeks ago, and so far I've got a conditional offer from Exeter (global Health ABB).
I love the uni Durham, and this course looks interesting and broad ranging which really applealed to me .
Hoep this helps, good luck!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Ah thank you for replying!!

I'm also uncertain about what I want to do afterwards, but I was think World Health Organisation or UN too!

Wow your grades/predicteds are incredible! I doubt I'll get the AAA I'm predicted due to illness (I suppose I'll have mitigating circumstances), I think it's probably more likely I'll get AAB, but it's possible that I could get an A* in English lit but I'm not counting on it.

I feel exactly the same as you do towards the course and uni! The optional modules look so amazing and Durham Uni is my dream uni so I'm very desperate to get in!

I'm just very conscious that, although the entry requirements are relatively low for Durham, there will probably be many people with predicted grades much more impressive than mine (like yours!!) and subjects better suited to the course. So worried that I won't get an offer!

Congratulations on your Exeter offer and good luck with Cambridge! Hope we both get a Durham offer too :-)
Hello!

I've applied to Durham for the Medical anthropology course, which is exactly the same as the health and human sciences course but has a masters year. :smile: I'm expecting A*AB :smile:
I've submitted my UCAS a couple of weeks ago and just got an offer from Birmingham.
Where else have you guys applied?
(I've applied to UCL, Durham,SOAS, Sussex and Birmingham)

Good luck on your application!
Reply 4
Hey guys! Have either of you heard back from Durham yet?
Original post by krrrrr10
Hey guys! Have either of you heard back from Durham yet?

Hey! I got my offer back in December (ABB)
They should be giving out offers this month.
Have you heard back from your other unis?
Reply 6
Congratulations!! Will it be your first choice, insurance or neither?

I didn't apply until early January so hopefully that's why I haven't heard back yet! I only applied to two other courses which were Health and Marketing joint honours (strange combination maybe) at Northampton and Global Health at Queen Mary. Northampton have given me a conditional offer and Queen Mary have asked me to interview (it looks like they're doing that to quite a few people)

I'm really hoping to hear back from Durham in the next couple of weeks so I don't have to go to the interview in London!

Have you heard back from yours?

Quick Reply

Latest