The Student Room Group

International student with disturbing GCSE's needs ur opinion!

Hi there people. I know u r fed up with stuff like this but I really need ur help.

So basically my GCSEs were awful, I would even say they were s**t. I got A*A*A*BCC. This is because I am an international student and it was my first year in England, I could barely speak english. However at the same time I got my Russian GCSEs which were 6A's and 9B's (there is no such grade as an A* in Russia so an A is the top one). My AS grades were AAAAB in Maths, Further maths, Psychology, Russian and Business respectively (dropped business). Being predicted A*A*AA (A* in maths and russian) I have applied to LSE (management), UCL (management), KCL (econ and management), City (econ) and Westminster. Got offers from City and Westminster already.

What would u say about my chances of getting into these unis? I am sure LSE will not take me with these GCSE's however what do u think about other unis that Ive applied to? Might they understand that my english was not good enough to cope with the demands of those subjects? + considering that my AS and predicted are pretty good.

Thanks for taking ur time! <3
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending