The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lilGem
I think we have a spare one round the house- will have to look for it

Fingers crossed you find it :smile:
so I get my results tomorrow, but they're available for the time I need to be in for :frown:
Just booked flights to Iceland in January for my boyfriend's birthday present, super excited. We had decided we wanted to go there but we were gonna put off buying the flights until August, but I wanted to surprise him with something which he really wants to do. The plan is a road trip on Iceland's ring road, but everything's pretty free and open to change. Really hope we catch the Northern Lights.

Aghhhh yes. But this has also meant I am very close to having nothing in my bank account so I need to work a lot now. Aw well, travelling is the best :awesome:. Can't wait to be away again.
I graduated yesterday! :smile: I suppose I don't need this thread anymore, but I might come back when I eventually do a masters degree. Good luck everyone!
Original post by sliceofcake
I graduated yesterday! :smile: I suppose I don't need this thread anymore, but I might come back when I eventually do a masters degree. Good luck everyone!

Congratulations! I think I said before somewhere, but I have to wait until October until my graduation ceremony. Getting jealous of my friends from other universities posting graduation photos online now!
Original post by sliceofcake

Congratulations, hope the job search is going well
Original post by jelly1000
Congratulations, hope the job search is going well

Thank you! It seems to be, I have 2 interviews lined up :smile: hopefully something good will come from at least one of them
Congrats to all those who are graduating! For those who may not be sure about the type of work they want to go into, or unsure on what they want from an employer, completing my dissertation questionnaire may actually help you (as well as being a massive help to me, obviously)!
I would really appreciate it if any undergraduate students graduating this year (or next) could take 5 minutes to fill in this questionnaire. It can be a great self-awareness tool to get you thinking about the sort of qualities you're looking for from your first job once you've finished with uni, which can help you to target potential jobs/employers. Thanks so much!
bit.ly/1fJ5L18
I've got to go to work now and I'm bricking it because my manager clearly hates me and isn't really training me. I would just leave but I don't have the money to do so!

Life was so much easier as a student :frown:
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
I've got to go to work now and I'm bricking it because my manager clearly hates me and isn't really training me. I would just leave but I don't have the money to do so!

Life was so much easier as a student :frown:

You're at Asda too right? What department are you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gosh, I haven't been on TSR for so long or this thread for that matter. So hey there everybody! :hello:Congratulations to those who have graduated or are graduating soon! I will be in that position myself in two years time, I hope!

So, at the moment I am preparing the report on my placement as a TA in Germany. Procrastination Station, make some room for me! Basically I have to write ten pages of bull with little or no guidelines. I am also finally getting around to travelling around Germany, something I always promised myself that I would do. Heading to Bremen tomorrow and I'm quite excited about it. Crazy to think that I am now into my seventh month in Germany and have experienced no homesickness at all! I am dreading going home but at least that's just for a month, then Erasmus! I have no idea how I'm going to cope with studying again. The placement has made me realise that although I love my subjects, I hate my course which doesn't really make sense but hey, I just have to suck it up I guess.
If anyones there i need some words of wisdom!

Stressing out majorly at the mo! In the next week have a 4000 word critical lit review to write, a 2500 assignmnt to complete and an exam to revise for!

:frown: I know i should have started earlier but cant change the past now. I just cant seem to start :frown:
Original post by Jellybeany

Stressing out majorly at the mo! In the next week have a 4000 word critical lit review to write, a 2500 assignmnt to complete and an exam to revise for!

:frown: I know i should have started earlier but cant change the past now. I just cant seem to start :frown:

I feel you, got 9,500 words of my dissertation to write in 3 weeks. Tried starting things earlier but that just didn't happen. Are you doing a masters too then?
I feel you, got 9,500 words of my dissertation to write in 3 weeks. Tried starting things earlier but that just didn't happen. Are you doing a masters too then?

Pace yourself and work out how many words per day then get yourself a reward plan too.

-'--------------

I have 20,000 words due 15th September. My original supervisor left the uni and my replacement is awol for past few weeks and until very late August. I could cry especially because the discussion chapter I finished in July is the most important and therefore needs feedback.
Original post by Jellybeany

Plan both . You could get them done quite swiftly if you focus on them. Figure out when you work best and make time line.
Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
Pace yourself and work out how many words per day then get yourself a reward plan too.

-'--------------

I have 20,000 words due 15th September. My original supervisor left the uni and my replacement is awol for past few weeks and until very late August. I could cry especially because the discussion chapter I finished in July is the most important and therefore needs feedback.

I'm trying I've worked out how many words I should be writing per day but I don't find it that easy to just sit and write so I don't usually meet my target.
really starting to worry about 3rd year :/
Original post by lilGem
really starting to worry about 3rd year :/

Prepare yourself and stay organised. You'll be grand. Is it your last year? Write deadlines down and consume plenty of tea to keep yourself going.
Prepare yourself and stay organised. You'll be grand. Is it your last year? Write deadlines down and consume plenty of tea to keep yourself going.

yeah it will be :smile:

really worried about the research project and getting a 2.1

I've looked at the module outlines and what the assignments consist of still yet to know deadlines and timetable though :redface:

Its horrible!! I work better under pressure but it hasn't quite kicked in yet. Good luck to you! :biggrin: Im not doing a masters, still on undergrad. I do a two year fast track though so these last two modules (worth 50% of the final degree :angry: ) are both self taught. Its not nice :smile:

Plan both . You could get them done quite swiftly if you focus on them. Figure out when you work best and make time line.

Thank you :smile: I find it quite hard to plan, I'm really struggling at the moment so i just thought id plough straight in there. I can always change it. I had the same problem as you regarding your supervisor. Mine went off sick at the end of june and my new one was away until the beginning of August!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending