The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ninegrandstudent
Nope! Not really sure what kind of work you mean tbh...

I have a monthly report to write, but that's it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

like questions your lecturers have set and put on your unis portal
Original post by Vitamin D
Presentation in about 2 hours, group is so unorganised :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope it went well despite this problem!

---

I actually made it to uni today, woohoo! Back home to rest it up and study some more. Went to a great coffee shop for coffee, did some reading there and am glad I didn't get to the worst part of the lecture... would have gotten rid of several people's appetites had they looked at my laptop screen... Gotta love nasty pictures of diseases. :p:
500 words down on my essay and I've done some seminar reading, I call that a fairly productive day.
Reply 43
500 words left of genetics to write...3 paras and an abstract to do by thursday :erm:
Trying to go over lectures but I'm finding myself even more confused. Lol why am I at uni?
Reply 45
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Trying to go over lectures but I'm finding myself even more confused. Lol why am I at uni?

:hugs: it's natural to feel like this!

I'm feeling like that with genetics at the moment :h:
Original post by lilGem
:hugs: it's natural to feel like this!

I'm feeling like that with genetics at the moment :h:

Tbh I find it really hard to even concentrate during lectures!

Ah hope it gets better! It's still early days
Reply 47
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Tbh I find it really hard to even concentrate during lectures!

Ah hope it gets better! It's still early days

again it's normal as there's a lot of information to take in during such a short time period, you'll get into a rhythm in time :smile:
I hope everyones tests have gone well so far!

I have to produce a video in the next week (as part of a 6 person team) demonstrating an interesting thing in probability, intended for children. I don't really like going on camera, so I've managed to be the camera man!

I've also got a pretty big article (well big compared to what I've been writing so far) for the uni newspaper, and it's about something I love, so hopefully that goes well!

I also need to write a CV and go along to the careers service for personalised feedback. I'm glad I've been doing things like writing for the paper and doing my part time job (been there over 3 years now :O ), otherwise I'd have nothing to say about myself!
Looking at past papers and lol I want to drop out so badly. A whole essay on something covered in five bullet points on a lecture slide. How are we meant to even prepare for exams like this?
Reply 50
Been to three lectures, and even though they're not compulsory, I still can't stay focused for more than 10mins... I dislike biology lectures :unimpressed:

Also had a 5 hr lab, but that wasn't so bad :tongue:
Original post by jelly1000
like questions your lecturers have set and put on your unis portal

I think perhaps you misunderstood - my placement is a year in industry. So no lectures at all for me! Hence the no work and feeling bored...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ninegrandstudent
I think perhaps you misunderstood - my placement is a year in industry. So no lectures at all for me! Hence the no work and feeling bored...

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh no I understood you have a year in industry, just people I know who did one got work set by lecturers to do whilst they were away.
Original post by LeaX
Looking at past papers and lol I want to drop out so badly. A whole essay on something covered in five bullet points on a lecture slide. How are we meant to even prepare for exams like this?

Normally you'll be expected to do extra reading to fill in the gaps.
2 tests down, 2 100%s obtained. Only 3 more tests remain. . .
Original post by BeyondandAbove
Hope it went well despite this problem!

Thank you! It actually went fairly well and I even managed to answer some questions so feeling quite good!

Going to be so busy tomorrow, lectures in the morning, studying for Thursday's chemistry lab, group meeting, going into town to buy some birthday presents, back for an afternoon lecture then out for dinner and cinema with a friend! Phew, I'm tired just typing it all out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Had a bit of a nightmare today, when my "partner" (random, not selected) decided to not bother doing the work for a seminar presentation, and then fire over a single paragraph of meaningless text at the last minute - meaning I had to ad-lib my way through her sections too.

But on the plus side, got my first essay feedback, 75%, so that more than makes up for it :biggrin:

Doubly happy as it's in a module which doesn't interest me at all, so I wasn't expecting to do well, and it's my first essay for a good number of years too.
I'm so so behind its actually painful. I have a presentation this morning which, quite frankly, I'm gonna have to wing. I'm behind on all my lecture reading, background reading, secondary ****ing reading and I just don't know how I got myself in this situation, or how the **** I'm gonna solve it all.

Dating someone you're living with is ****ing weird. And time consuming. And everytime I ****ing fall for someone I manage to **** up everything else in my life until I get the balance right again. I was such a good student last year, low stress, so organised, no writing a presentation an hour before I have to give it.... and now... just no. I'm awful and I have a to-do list the length of my arm.

Someone give me a massive kick up the backside and tell me to stop being such a ****ing lovestruck puppy and be a damn good bioinformatician and do my ****ing coding and all of my lecture work :erm: :puppyeyes:

:suith: love you all.
Chest infection I suspect and have an interview this morning. FML

Also applying to Oxford for grad school. :eek:

Original post by Serentonin
I'm so so behind its actually painful. I have a presentation this morning which, quite frankly, I'm gonna have to wing. I'm behind on all my lecture reading, background reading, secondary ****ing reading and I just don't know how I got myself in this situation, or how the **** I'm gonna solve it all.

Dating someone you're living with is ****ing weird. And time consuming. And everytime I ****ing fall for someone I manage to **** up everything else in my life until I get the balance right again. I was such a good student last year, low stress, so organised, no writing a presentation an hour before I have to give it.... and now... just no. I'm awful and I have a to-do list the length of my arm.

Someone give me a massive kick up the backside and tell me to stop being such a ****ing lovestruck puppy and be a damn good bioinformatician and do my ****ing coding and all of my lecture work :erm: :puppyeyes:

:suith: love you all.

All of the hugs :hugs: You thinking postgrad next year? :h:
Original post by Slowbro93
Chest infection I suspect and have an interview this morning. FML

Also applying to Oxford for grad school. :eek:

All of the hugs :hugs: You thinking postgrad next year? :h:

GOODLUCK :woo:

Oooo exciting, what are you applying for?

Yisss. Oxford or Imperial have the two programs I like the most tbh, although I'm gonna lose my first so ****ing fast if I don't pull my finger out this year haha :erm: My supervisor wants me to apply for his one in Ex, its a brilliant program and we get on so well but I'm not sure I want another 4 years in Exeter :erm:

Quick Reply

Latest