The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by snailsareslimy
Taking everyone's advice on board, I'm going to :smile:. I'm not going to let him make me feel sad and sit in. I might bring some clothes with me anyway incase I decide to go out later, but that really depends on how I'm feeling, who's going and if he's going or not. CBA dealing with him today, he can **** off. He'll just be all 'omg im so sorry can we try again' and I'll want to fly kick him in the face.

Going to sod doing uni work today and go take ages getting ready and try to make me feel good about myself again, I don't want to get back into that depressive self loathing thing I had going on a few years ago, and it's Christmas next week. Also gonna buy the rest of my Christmas presents and hope that cheers me up a bit :awesome:

Again, thank you everyone for being so supportive, it's actually made me feel so much better about it and I really cannot thank you all enough. I love you all so so so much :suith:

You are doing the right thing, you don't want to stay in because thoughts tend to manifest within your head and the result isn't nice at all, i've been there:frown: I really hope you have a good night though, you deserve it! Yeh, I don't blame you at all for wanting to do that to him after all the anguish he has put you through! University work and wait, healthy physics/emotional state comes first :smile:
You're welcome :biggrin:
Original post by SecretDuck
Today, I worked on my uni project and did a Facebook cull from around 300 friends down to 94. I actually feel a lot better once I've done them :smile:

That's a lot, are you sure you don't regret it?
Original post by JulietheCat
That's a lot, are you sure you don't regret it?

In all honesty, I do regret unfriending a few interesting people :frown:
In all honesty, I do regret unfriending a few interesting people :frown:

How many did you add back?
How many did you add back?

A few of them. But I don't miss the rest.
A few of them. But I don't miss the rest.

I don't blame you. Too many mutual friends these days.
I don't blame you. Too many mutual friends these days.

That's the thing - most of them are people who I just saw in school and not spoke to, people who I don't know and duplicate accounts.
I think I've finally worked out how to structure my essay properly.
All the photos from last night are up ....
Day two of intense revision begins! Yesterday I managed 8 hours, lets see if I can top that today
I hate my coursework essay so much. I think I'm just making stuff up now.
Spending my birthday in a university library working on my 7500 word coursework. Wahey!

Plus side is that I feel a lot better about it now than I did before - I've finally got a structure I'm happy with, and I am about 1000 - 1500 words in. I've changed the narrative a bit - I'm kind of back to my original line of thought but am not sure if that is a good or bad thing :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone on here good with chemistry who could help me with some calculations?
Original post by lilGem
anyone on here good with chemistry who could help me with some calculations?

Maybe - give it a shot?
So that's one of the modules finished ready for the exam in January, just need to quickly go over all the definitions and learn them off by heart. Now onto the last module, hopefully it only takes a few days to master as well.
Original post by MathsNerd1
So that's one of the modules finished ready for the exam in January, just need to quickly go over all the definitions and learn them off by heart. Now onto the last module, hopefully it only takes a few days to master as well.

How many exams do you have?
Original post by Slowbro93
How many exams do you have?

Only 2 in January, however I'm trying to master all my modules before returning
Original post by WhamBamJam.
Maybe - give it a shot?

0.15 M phosphate buffer, pH 7.0, containing 0.1 M KCl.

Molecular mass of di-sodium hydrogen phosphate (Na2HPO4) = 142.0 g per mole
Molecular mass of potassium di-hydrogen phosphate (KH2PO4) = 136.1 g per mole
Molecular mass of potassium chloride = 74.6 g per mole
To obtain a pH of 7.0 at 20 °C, the molar ratio of KH2PO4:Na2HPO4 should be 1:1.56
Original post by MathsNerd1
Only 2 in January, however I'm trying to master all my modules before returning

What kind of percentage are you aiming for MN?
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
What kind of percentage are you aiming for MN?

In just January or overall for the year?

Quick Reply

Latest