The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MathsNerd1
In just January or overall for the year?

Urm, might as well go for both :tongue:
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
Urm, might as well go for both :tongue:

Okay, so I have two exams in January and ill be rather disappointed if I can't 90 in one of them and 80 in the other. Then for overall a 80+ avaverage would be nice, but I'd much rather prefer 85+

How about you? :smile:
Original post by MathsNerd1
Okay, so I have two exams in January and ill be rather disappointed if I can't 90 in one of them and 80 in the other. Then for overall a 80+ avaverage would be nice, but I'd much rather prefer 85+

How about you? :smile:

I want over 70 but if I can get over 80 in all four of them I would b extremely happy! I had my first one this week worth 30%, revised on the morning and got 83% so if I can mimic said result for the other three that would put me in really good stead for my summer exams and thus put in a good position for applying to graduate entry medicine!

Good luck though, I am sure with the hard work you're putting in there is no reason why you can't get those percentages :smile:
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
I want over 70 but if I can get over 80 in all four of them I would b extremely happy! I had my first one this week worth 30%, revised on the morning and got 83% so if I can mimic said result for the other three that would put me in really good stead for my summer exams and thus put in a good position for applying to graduate entry medicine!

Good luck though, I am sure with the hard work you're putting in there is no reason why you can't get those percentages :smile:

Very nice and thanks, hopefully I don't make any silly mistakes like I normally do :redface:
Managed to avoid doing work again but going to see Jason Manford, and tomorrow afternoon I'm having lunch with a friend. Must actually get some words written when I get back rather than staring at the screen thinking 'im confused' and doing something else.
2 successful days of revision completed and the revision for my January exams is practically complete, though I'll have to keep looking over things so I don't forget the basics.
I've recovered from Saturday night (didn't drink anything really, but still had fun. I tried to drink but I felt instantly sick and a bit anxious so I stuck to water most of the night), but the lack of sleep really killed me. My back isn't made for sofas at all :rofl:. Slept all of yesterday which was a bit of a waste, but needed to be done.

Now that it's a new week I'm trying to be positive. Going to finish my Christmas shopping today, and try work on a plan for one of my essays. Not letting **** situations ruin my module marks and my Christmas. :smile:
Original post by snailsareslimy
I've recovered from Saturday night (didn't drink anything really, but still had fun. I tried to drink but I felt instantly sick and a bit anxious so I stuck to water most of the night), but the lack of sleep really killed me. My back isn't made for sofas at all :rofl:. Slept all of yesterday which was a bit of a waste, but needed to be done.

Now that it's a new week I'm trying to be positive. Going to finish my Christmas shopping today, and try work on a plan for one of my essays. Not letting **** situations ruin my module marks and my Christmas. :smile:

Glad you went out and had a good time :yy: Hope you have a better this week than last week :hugs:

--

Starting to really doubt whether I should be in my relationship or not tbh. The space from it all has really made me notice that we're not really all that compatible, and that I'm not really ready to jump into something, I'm still pretty ****ed up from my previous relationship.

I dunno whether I'm just feeling like this because I get bloody sad when I'm stuck at home and revising, and so I'm just putting a downer on everything :erm: or whether I genuinely do feel like this was a mistake.

Should have just kept it as fwb, I clearly have stuff to work through before I find another relationship, and this is dragging it all back up and making me feel lousy :frown:

And I'm ****ing stupid because I live with him. Let's face it, I don't make smart decisions.
Original post by Serentonin
Glad you went out and had a good time :yy: Hope you have a better this week than last week :hugs:

--

Starting to really doubt whether I should be in my relationship or not tbh. The space from it all has really made me notice that we're not really all that compatible, and that I'm not really ready to jump into something, I'm still pretty ****ed up from my previous relationship.

I dunno whether I'm just feeling like this because I get bloody sad when I'm stuck at home and revising, and so I'm just putting a downer on everything :erm: or whether I genuinely do feel like this was a mistake.

Should have just kept it as fwb, I clearly have stuff to work through before I find another relationship, and this is dragging it all back up and making me feel lousy :frown:

And I'm ****ing stupid because I live with him. Let's face it, I don't make smart decisions.

Thank you :suith:

Take some time to think about it over the holidays, then see how you feel once all your exams are done. Stress has a habit of making us see the negatives in everything, so definitely don't rush to make a decision. You've got time to mull it over, so take it.

I completely sympathise, though. Before *incident* happened, I was having similar thoughts. Generally just was a starting to wonder whether I'd made a mistake, wanted to take it slow and just make sure I wasn't acting on impulse. That's one of the main reasons to why I wanted sex temporarily taken out of the situation, to see in the most clear sense whether I had actual feelings for him or not, rather than just mixing it up with infatuation.

Definitely let him know how you feel if it doesn't pass, though. Communication is so important and he'll want to help you as much as he can. Just don't allow yourself to be forced to stay with someone if you don't want to. It's your life and it's so so important you do what makes you happy.

I hope everything sorts itself out for you, soon :suith: :hugs:
How many hours a day are roughly people spending on Jan exam revision?
Original post by theseeker

Aiming for close to 6 every day. 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayquaza17
Aiming for close to 6 every day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you working in the mornings or?
Do you working in the mornings or?

Normally work 10-7. I know this is more than 6 hours, but I get distracted a lot! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Normally work 10-7. I know this is more than 6 hours, but I get distracted a lot!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah likewise. I got 4 exams in 3/4 weeks time..really stressing out :frown:

I've barely started. Trying to finish coursework. Mind you, my exams don't start till like 20something of January. But I plan on doing around 3 hours a day for each exam and I have 3 exams so a total of 9 hours a day.
Original post by Serentonin

--

Sometimes you can't help it. But just see how you feel until you see him again, and then talk to him. Communication is the key.

I shall be a hermit now and not meet up with anyone (except my parents, because I live with them when I'm at home). People annoy me. I'm a misanthrope. :colonhash:
I hope tomorrow will be acceptable weather conditions, so I can go out with my camera and just enjoy nature for a while.
Why do people have to be such ********s.
Hey
Can anybody who is good with stats help me out? I'm useless!

I am using SPSS and have to use descriptive statistics to explain how something impact a teenagers' abilities - what method do I use to do this?

I know it's an easy q, I am just stupid when it comes to this stuff, eek!
Thanks
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
I've barely started. Trying to finish coursework. Mind you, my exams don't start till like 20something of January. But I plan on doing around 3 hours a day for each exam and I have 3 exams so a total of 9 hours a day.

So during revision, are you doing each module everyday? So because you have 3 exams, you'll do 9 hours a day..3 hours of each in a day..Wouldn't you get confused or? I have 4 exams in Jan :colondollar:
Normally work 10-7. I know this is more than 6 hours, but I get distracted a lot!

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many exams do you have?
How many exams do you have?

Quick Reply

Latest