The Student Room Group

Changing my course after the first year?

Hi everyone,
I am at a uni near home currently doing religious studies. I don't dislike it as such, it's just not the course that I want to do. I really want to do occupational therapy, this is the course I intended to study this yeah but due to long term illness I wasn't sure I would be up for the placements.

They offer this course at my current uni and I know now it's far too late to start on this course for this year. I have the A levels needed for the course and I've also done all the visit days and work experience they asked for so I was hoping to change my course at the end of this year? I plan to stay on my current course for a year so that I don't drop out and have to do all the student finance application again, also I think it will be good practise for me to continue to study this year, and as they have already taken my tuition fees I might as well sit the year out.

Has anyone else done this before? Is it really easy to do?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi, I won't be of any help I'm afraid, I'm a current year 13 student applying to do OT. I was just wondering what university you're at and whether the OT course appears to be good?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending