The Student Room Group

Child Nursing Course.

Hi, I am currently considering applying to University to study Child Nursing. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I need to look for in a university, which ones are the best rated, and what is people's opinions on Anglia Ruskin Cambridge. Thank you! :smile:
Original post by iamcharlottel
Hi, I am currently considering applying to University to study Child Nursing. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I need to look for in a university, which ones are the best rated, and what is people's opinions on Anglia Ruskin Cambridge. Thank you! :smile:

With courses like nursing the "rating" of a university doesn't really have an impact on your future career. Standards for nurse education are set by the Nursing and Midwifery Council, so content will be similar between unis, just their method of delivery will change. My advcie would be to attend open days, see what you think of the university and where it is, you're going to spend the best part of the next three years there. Speak to current students and see what they have to say about their university and course :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by iamcharlottel

I'm also planning to do a degree in the healthcare sector but with paramedic science, and after going on the Anglia Ruskin open on the Cambridge campus, I really disliked it. Personally I felt like the university was VERY unorganised for what seemed like they'd thrown a load of helpers in the uni that morning after realising there's an open day to prepare for. The building itself disappointed (however, a new healthcare block has been built with wards for you to practice on and this seemed the best part of the campus itself). Personally I prefer uni's to have a more modern uptake and to seem more organised and interested in promoting their course. Obviously I can't give you feedback on what your child nursing course will be like at this uni, but for my course, I really disliked it, so much so, that i removed it from my list of 5 choices on UCAS, leaving me with only 4. However, I hope you find some great uni's that make you excited to start your course!!
Thank you both for your advice! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest