The Student Room Group

HM treasury Policy Advisor Grad Scheme

Applications opened today :gah:

http://www.hmtreasurycareers.com/apply

Just completed my application, anyone else applying? :h:

Scroll to see replies

I wonder if I'd do better just applying for internal positions. Going to look into this though.
Original post by Slowbro93
Applications opened today :gah:

http://www.hmtreasurycareers.com/apply

Just completed my application, anyone else applying? :h:

Yep. Looks like we have a while to wait...
I'm just finishing filling mine out. Did anyone else think that the application form is a bit odd/isn't very geared towards graduates?

(And commiserations on not getting into the CSFS, Slowbro93. Me too.)
Reply 4
Original post by anyone_can_fly
I'm just finishing filling mine out. Did anyone else think that the application form is a bit odd/isn't very geared towards graduates?

Yeah I did think it was a bit odd, I suspect that its the first year they have done this.

:hugs: we'll be okay :smile:
Original post by anyone_can_fly

That is exactly what I found as well. This is their first year of running a graduate scheme so there are probably going to be a few kinks like that. (I found I had to insert details of some sort of job so I put in bogus dates and wrote 'this was not a job'. Weird.)
Looks interesting. Is there any information about career progression, training, salary?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Does anyone know if you can apply for this scheme and the GES fast stream too?
Yes its not part of the fast stream so as far as I am aware there are no restrictions on applying for this and the GES.

You can work in the Treasury through the GES but it would be as an economist whereas this one will be as a policy advisor.
Reply 9
I applied for this one (the role sounds very interesting!) and got news yesterday that I'm through to the online tests. How has it gone for everyone else?

Looking at the tests required, I can see there's a "diagrammatic" one in there. I've never seen such a thing before - better get practising!

I wonder how many apply for this scheme in total. Does anyone know? As there at least 60 positions available, I would guess the odds of success (not that I'm suggesting it's some kind of lottery!) are better than Fast Stream.
Reply 10
Got through too, for me its the verbal that really lets me down everytime so really want to do some practice before doing the real thing :yep:
Reply 11
What kind of thing are you guys going with for the last question?
Original post by KingHell
I applied for this one (the role sounds very interesting!) and got news yesterday that I'm through to the online tests. How has it gone for everyone else?

Looking at the tests required, I can see there's a "diagrammatic" one in there. I've never seen such a thing before - better get practising!

I wonder how many apply for this scheme in total. Does anyone know? As there at least 60 positions available, I would guess the odds of success (not that I'm suggesting it's some kind of lottery!) are better than Fast Stream.

I think it's hard to say--since this is the first year and not so many will have heard of it hopefully there aren't quite as many applicants per place as the fast stream. But the fast stream generally has 400+ places in total so that might swing it in the other direction.
Original post by savdahn
What kind of thing are you guys going with for the last question?

Not sure. The questions seem quite odd to me - it's like they can't decide whether they want you to do a cover letter, competency questions, or a situational judgement test so they've gone for pick and mix.
Yeah, the questions are all pretty standard but to combine them like this is a bit weird. What examples did you guys give for number 2?
Hi guys, have had issues submitting, got the email on the 17th saying the deadline had been extended to 9AM on Monday. Tried to submit this morning but it isn't letting me. Anyone else had this issue?
Same here! E-mail definitely says that both parts of the application have been extended ("Please note you will need to complete BOTH parts of this stage before the deadline in order to move forward in the recruitment process. We have extended the deadline for these to be completed to 9am on Monday 22nd December which should give you ample time to complete and submit") - I imagine someone has forgotten to extend it on the online submission page. I've emailed and will ring on Monday morning - and I assume they'll have to extend it again to allow everyone to submit.
I'm having the exact same problem. I didn't have any problem accessing the online tests yesterday afternoon though. I've also sent an email and plan to ring on Monday morning (which means waking up early ugh).
Having the exact same problem as you guys.
Reply 19
Need to write the application! Will start tonight and get that sorted :smile:

Regarding the test, what does it consist of?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending