The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dmkirk89
What is knowledge factory never heard of that??

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a week residential programme starting the 6th September when you work on a group project, almost like an induction week before the actual one for people with the highest predicted grades applied for whichever courses are taking part in it. If you have high predicted grades you get invited to it by email and have to apply and go to an interview to get on to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
I firmed hull for geology 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone applied for English and/or Philosophy?

PS: Can anyone tell me how many weeks it took for Hull to get back?
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Has anyone applied for English and/or Philosophy?

PS: Can anyone tell me how many weeks it took for Hull to get back?

Philosophy applicant here. I got an answer within a week or two. Are you waiting to hear back?
Hey, yh im waiting to hear back. Im already at uni so i have a levels. But i still forgot about the waiting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone here looking to apply for Nicholson Hall accommodation at the lawns?
Original post by WillSharp
Anyone here looking to apply for Nicholson Hall accommodation at the lawns?

I am! Decided to suffer my own cooking in favour of being able to afford an en suite :cool:
Trust me, unless you become best friends straight away, like literally best friends - this will never happen. Unis paint a picture that you will be best of friends, cooking together for the whole flat or whatever. But chances are very slim!

There's always possibility, just dont get ahead of yourself unless you can take disappointment.
Original post by WillSharp
I'm ginger mate disappointment is what I do

Haha, you mean "is what I am"? :wink:
Original post by laimliam
Philosophy applicant here. I got an answer within a week or two. Are you waiting to hear back?

Hey dude, I actually received my offer, 2 days after I sent my application off aha!

It's unconditional as I'm already at uni now and have my A-levels and everything.

Where else have you applied?
Hey if we've got any new First choice hull students make sure you join the group on facebook! www.facebook.com/groups/800830706619343/
I'm also looking at applying for Nicholson, crave an en suite
Does anyone know if there is a good LGBT scene there?
Good luck with that, you may have made a mistake with Hull though. The modules are poorly delivered and mixed with a lot of irrelevant stuff. Don't be fooled by the prospectus, the modules change on a semester basis dependent on what staff they have left... Rats and sinking ship come to mind... Oh and in case your wondering, yes I am here now and very disgruntled. If you like evolution though, you will be ok.... its all they throw down your necks... especially for the zoology and other animal biology students. Really is a poor Uni and staff really couldn't care less.
There is a small area near the town center but in general, Hull is a backward, neanderthal city with archaic views. Avoid like the plague... City of Culture 2017? Only culture here is Bacteria!
Have many other people received letters about an unconditional offer?

Have these been issued across all schools?

I am applying for Electrical and Electronic Engineering BEng, AS grades BCCD.
Yeah I got a letter saying they'll change my offer to Unconditional... :ahee::awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a letter saying they would change my offer to unconditional for nursing! I've just firmed it!!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fossil98
Have many other people received letters about an unconditional offer?

Have these been issued across all schools?

I am applying for Electrical and Electronic Engineering BEng, AS grades BCCD.

Yep I got mine for economics yesterday! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Feel like the only person that hasn't gotten an unconditional :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest