The Student Room Group

Failed my theory :( what to use to revise?

Hey I just wanted to know what books, apps etc people used to pass their theory. I failed both parts quite badly today and want the best possible chance of passing next time.
Original post by JackHazard
Hey I just wanted to know what books, apps etc people used to pass their theory. I failed both parts quite badly today and want the best possible chance of passing next time.

I brought a kit from the AA at The Works which had a theory CD, Highway code book and road sign book. You also get a practical test CD and L plates.

For apps I used the AA one for the theory and used the top ones on the Apple app store (can't remember the name sorry) but those were paid. I preferred the disc for the hazard because it was a bigger screen.
Reply 2
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
I brought a kit from the AA at The Works which had a theory CD, Highway code book and road sign book. You also get a practical test CD and L plates.

For apps I used the AA one for the theory and used the top ones on the Apple app store (can't remember the name sorry) but those were paid. I preferred the disc for the hazard because it was a bigger screen.

Yeah ive got the AA high way code book which is quite good. I'll take a look at the apps though. Thanks :smile:
Yeah ive got the AA high way code book which is quite good. I'll take a look at the apps though. Thanks :smile:

You're welcome :smile:

Do you struggle with the questions/hazard or was it just bad luck that you failed?
Reply 4
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
You're welcome :smile:

Do you struggle with the questions/hazard or was it just bad luck that you failed?

I think I was a bit unlucky with the questions as some of the ones I got were very hard. I didn't really understand the hazard perception though
Fish around for the official DSA CD Roms, they don't make them anymore but they are still around and the older editions are still relevant. The questions and hazard perception and all that are all in the exact format you get in the theory test. I used it and aced my HP and Multiple choice questions
I think I was a bit unlucky with the questions as some of the ones I got were very hard. I didn't really understand the hazard perception though

You definitely need a hazard perception CD! I was so bad at them at the start and after a bit of practise I got better so you will too :smile:

You should get the apple app store theory test app, it splits all the questions into categories and pretty much covered my whole test so I had revised it all before the test
Reply 7
OK thanks for the advise :smile: did you pass first time?
Reply 8
Original post by somemightsay888
Fish around for the official DSA CD Roms, they don't make them anymore but they are still around and the older editions are still relevant. The questions and hazard perception and all that are all in the exact format you get in the theory test. I used it and aced my HP and Multiple choice questions

OK cheers bro
Reply 9
Reply 10

Yeah I've used toptest before which helps a lot. But that PDF is GREAT. It just gives you all the facts you need to remember and cuts out all the rubbish. Thank you SOOOO much :smile:
Reply 11
Yeah I've used toptest before which helps a lot. But that PDF is GREAT. It just gives you all the facts you need to remember and cuts out all the rubbish. Thank you SOOOO much :smile:

S'alright! I used them and passed first time yesterday, so I'm good :')
Reply 12
Original post by esjae
S'alright! I used them and passed first time yesterday, so I'm good :')

Oh well done :smile: hopefully I'll pass second time. Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending