The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial students must be loaded.

If the imperial bursary (if applicable) =£6000 then you get maintenance grant (if applicable) =£3000
that is total of £9000? So i'm guessing some of the students are really loaded, or does the money go really quick without realising it?? :confused:
Reply 1
Original post by hajs
If the imperial bursary (if applicable) =£6000 then you get maintenance grant (if applicable) =£3000
that is total of £9000? So i'm guessing some of the students are really loaded, or does the money go really quick without realising it?? :confused:

You can also get a maintenance loan which is up to £7,675 for London students. You do not have to be "loaded" to attend Imperial, especially if you budget wisely.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by bwr19
You can also get a maintenance loan which is up to £7,675 for London students. You do not have to be "loaded" to attend Imperial, especially if you budget wisely.

I think you misunderstood, what i meant was that surely those who attend imperial have a lot of money savings etc because it has one of the highest paying bursary schemes..
So what im saying is, does all that £9000 go quickly like with transport clubs etc or is it easy to save?
Reply 3
Oh, I see what you mean. I don't actually attend Imperial just yet, but the London grants are higher for a reason. I saw one presentation from Imperial itself that said it costs about £13,000 to live in London for a year at uni.
Things cost about 50% higher on average in London, and Imperial is in the most expensive part of London :smile:.
Reply 5
Well, I can tell you that I'm most certainly not loaded, and I've been doing fine this past little while :wink:
Some people on the maximum bursary could probably make a profit here. I just about live on my bursary, but of course it's means tested so not everyone is in my situation
Reply 7
Original post by iwishiwasagenius
Some people on the maximum bursary could probably make a profit here. I just about live on my bursary, but of course it's means tested so not everyone is in my situation

my point !! thats 18k for 3 years on maximum bursary
Original post by ihavemooedtoday
Things cost about 50% higher on average in London, and Imperial is in the most expensive part of London :smile:.

But you won't be living in South Kensington, that would be ridiculous. Most people leave out in zone2+.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending