The Student Room Group

ASDA Colleagues/Notice Period Question [Urgernt]

Hi there everyone. First of apologies for using this section (rather than part time section), however I do need to remain anonymous as work know I post on here, and so don't want them to see me postif what I'm about to post!

Just applying for a new job (mainly because I hate my current one, work in the restructure sucks, life is miserable, etc), and I need to know what the notice period for leaving ASDA is?

Pretty sure it's 2 weeks, but I'm unsure. I would check myself on wire tomorrow, however the deadline is midnight tonight.
Much appreciated.
It depends how long you've worked at ASDA for, when I worked there I didn't need to give any notice in as I'd been working there less than 4 weeks, I think anything between 1-3 years is 1 week, and then after that it's 2 weeks. I could be wrong though!
Reply 2
Original post by Behindtheleakycaul
It depends how long you've worked at ASDA for, when I worked there I didn't need to give any notice in as I'd been working there less than 4 weeks, I think anything between 1-3 years is 1 week, and then after that it's 2 weeks. I could be wrong though!

Hi I am in a similar position to you as I have only done 2 shifts and I really feel like it is not for me. I was wondering how you told them you were leaving as I feel awkward since I barely know the manager.
Original post by mlb09
Hi I am in a similar position to you as I have only done 2 shifts and I really feel like it is not for me. I was wondering how you told them you were leaving as I feel awkward since I barely know the manager.

I did feel very awkward as I only did 4 days haha. I just went to the person that did my induction day and told her (as I didn't really know my manager either). Luckily she was really nice about it and just asked me to write a letter with my notice on, and then I didn't need to do anymore shifts!
If you haven't worked there for long, it will only be one week. You don't have to speak to your manager. Just write a formal letter and hand it to personnel. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending