The Student Room Group

Planning for University in Year 12?

I'm in Y12 at the moment, but I'm very focused on what I want to do in life although I'm still open to slight changes!
Is it good that I'm planning for University now, because I've been told by some that it is really good that I am aware of my aims and goals, while others have said that I'm thinking to far ahead....xx
Hi, I'm in my first year of college and I have already worked out a few plans for my future. I think it's good that you're thinking about uni because you have to start applying next year so you already have a head start. However, you have to make sure that the planning doesn't take over your whole time because you still need to make sure you do the homework and revision so that you can achieve your best :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I wouldn't say you're thinking too far ahead! It's good to have a plan.
I failed my first year so I'm now in my third year at sixth form, people are applying already and I haven't even started a personal statement yet because I'm still not 100% sure on what courses I want to apply for!

So don't worry about having a plan or not, right now, you'll probably change your mind plenty of times over the next year!
I'm in year 13 now and wish I had started planning things earlier, it would have made the university application process so much less stressful! Definitely start planning as soon as you feel ready :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest